Misleading and misrepresentation - 3rd party marketing to bring back old customers
danh70

Just had Verizon installed last week and did not get all of the incentives the 3rd party rep. offered.  First the rep spent 4 hours in my house getting the order done (Verizon had changed the operating system and he was having trouble navigating it) but honestly I like the service and with the package he was offering  it was ok for me.

The offer:

2 years Ultimate package, free Multi room DVR & $300 Visa Prepaid Card

Sounded great and would make my switch back to Verizon worthwhile because without the prepaid card it wouldn't be financially smart (Verizon $25 more a month for same services as Comcast for first year) . So after service installed I realized I did not have all of the movie channels and stated by the rep and on the flyer. So I call Verizon CS that night after installation and speak to a Rep. who says the order is not even in for real service yet and only as installation, but also tells me that the Ultimate package does not include HBO or Starz as I was told and it says on my flyer. I say ok, can I check the rest of my order please. So I tell him the package and he says , that there is no $300 gift card on the order.  I get a little upset and he says there is nothing he could even such as "a $20 bill credit for for 12 months" because the package is not active in his system.  I repeat to him a "$20 bill credit for 12 months" and he replies "yes I have done it before", but he can't because of the status of my service. 

So I call back Fri. still same thing with service order but CS rep says call back Mon. it should be through.  So I call back today and no one can help me with my situation. I mean really the $20 bill credit for 12 months isn't $300 but it was good enough for because of how much I like the service.  Now however I am completely turned off by the misleading sales pitch  by the 3rd party company (which Verizon could only say "sorry") and the misrepresentation of a CS rep. suggesting the $20 credit if they were not going to do it.

It's really too bad because I really like the service and have told so many people how much I like it and they should try it, but now I will scream from the mountain tops, facebook, twitter and any other way I can how they mislead and misrepresent to get sales and customers and TO STAY AWAY  - it's not worth the headache.

0 Likes
Re: Misleading and misrepresentation - 3rd party marketing to bring back old customers
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

danh70,

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes