OAN Services, Inc.
sweepblade

Who is OAN Services, Inc. ?

Who gave them permission to bill me for anything on my phone bill?

How do i contact VERIZON and stop the cramming?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: OAN Services, Inc.
VZ_Christian
Contributor - Level 2

@sweepblade wrote:

sweepblade,

The following info is directly from the official FCC website:

If your authorized telephone company has been switched without your permission, call the slamming company and tell it that you want the problem fixed and, under FCC rules, don’t have to pay for the first 30 days of its service. Call your authorized company to inform it of the slam, and that you want to be switched back with the same calling plan you had before the slam. Also, tell your authorized local telephone company that you want all carrier change charges (charges for switching companies) removed from your bill.

You can call the following toll-free numbers to verify your authorized telephone company or companies:

• 1-700-555-4141 for long distance and international services and

• 1+your area code+700-4141 for local and local toll services.

If you have been slammed but HAVE NOT paid the bill of the slamming company, you DO NOT have to pay the slamming company for up to 30 days after being slammed. You also do not have to pay your authorized telephone company for any charges for up to 30 days. After 30 days, you must pay your authorized company for service, but at its rates, not the slammer’s rates.

If you have been slammed, but discover it after you HAVE paid the bill of the slamming company, the slamming company must pay your authorized company 150 percent of the charges you paid the slamming company. Out of this amount, your authorized company will reimburse you 50 percent of the charges you paid the slamming company. For example, if you paid the slamming company $100, that company will have to give your authorized company $150, and you will receive $50 as a reimbursement. Alternatively, you can ask your authorized company to recalculate and resend your bill using its rates instead of the slamming company’s rates.

Verizon's number that you will want to call is 1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966).

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@sweepblade wrote:

Here is a thread that I started about a year ago. What happened to me and what I had to do. It seems that to add something to your bill, all the company needs is your number and the ability to lie and say someone called and subscribed with your number. Verizon can put a block on this. You must contact Verizon and ask for them to place a third party billing block on your line.

Last I read was an FCC rule that force the Local Exchange Carrier (Verizon) to allow third party billing, unless call and ask them not to. Very old rule but still on the books after ten years, and a multitude of complaints.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/My-Verizon-My-Account/Third-party-billing-scams/m-p/21957

0 Likes
AllenB

Does anyone have the actual address of OAN Services Inc.

Please send me their address.

I can assure you that this situation will end abruptly.

Someone has to take action.

The scamming has to stop.  The public is not capable of sustaining scammers indefinite hits.

{please keep it relevant}

Let's do it. 

0 Likes
pjh176

@sweepblade wrote:

Several issues with Verizon on bogus billings from OAN  for voice services and ILD Teleservices for US Musicfind services. Both of these services I have never even used or authorized. After AT&T discontinued service in our area and Verizon took over, a gauntlet of problems occurred. I went to online billing but had a hard time getting my full bill online because the pin number they gave me never was accepted. After two months I finally was able to get on line with a pin and checked my bill. I found these two services billed me a total of $75.00 over two months. ILD billed me twice  in the month of August. I would like to know what this useless service does? Never had a problem with this when I was with AT&T. I will be contacting Verizon and both these services this week to resolve the problem. Will let you know what happens.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend
0 Likes