Poor customer service
Not applicable

I am writing to express my frustration with the customer service I've received since becoming a new Fios customer.  Both TV and Internet were installed on Sept 27.  Services worked fine for about 2 weeks, then both services went out on the afternoon of Oct 12.  I contacted technical support around 2:00p on Oct 12 and the technician helped me try to restore service over the phone.  When we were unable to find a solution, he said a technician would be scheduled to come to our house between 3:00-7:00p that same day. 

By 6:30p, I called technical support to ask for an update on the technician's arrival.  The rep told me that they could see a technician had been scheduled but had no updates for me.  They assured me one would arrive by 7:00 and that the technician would call 30 minutes prior to arrival.

By 8:00 (still no technician) I called technical support again (3rd time that day) and was told that while they could not tell me when the technician would arrive, they could tell me that no technician would be allowed to enter our home after 9:00pm, so if he didn't arrive soon, we could assume he wouldn't be coming. ?!? We were also told to call back early the next morning so they could contact our local dispatch office and make sure a technician came immediately.  (I never understood why I was responsible for calling back to reschedule a visit that was supposedly already scheduled-but may not actually take place.) Additionally, the entire afternoon had been wasted waiting on a technician who may or may not arrive.

Feeling confused and frustrated, I contacted the Fios social media team via twitter around 9:00p.  During the chat, I explained the situation and was told that "the initial agent you spoke with did not exclude your ticket which caused a technician not to come out for me."  Naturally, I asked why this mistake had not been caught the 2nd or even the 3rd time I called tech support to check on the status of the technician.  The chat representative agreed that this should have been caught.  He proceeded to reschedule another technician to visit our house and solve the problem.  I have record of this chat and can provide copy/chat ID number information.

The technician did arrive at our place the next day and restored our services.  About 7 hours after he left, we noticed a new cable was running from the Verizon box down our street, across two neighbor's driveways and up into the box on our house.  No one explained what this cable was for- or if it would be buried, but I assumed someone would come bury the cable within a day or two. 

One week later, the cable still lays across two neighbor's driveways so I called to request someone to come bury it.  I was told on the phone that the technician who completed our service should have scheduled this with us when he was here- another mistake.  The representative told me that my local dispatch office would be contacting me within two business days to set an appointment for the cable to be buried.  

It is now more than two business days later and I have yet to receive a phone call.

I am a new FIOS customer but I am not a happy one.  I'd like to know why I've had to make now 6 separate phone calls to solve an issue that should have required only one.  I'd also like to know why there seems to be poor communciation between the technical support line and the local dispatch office responsible for actually completing service.   Finally, I'd like to know what Verizon will be doing to compensate me for the trouble, frustration, and terrible customer service I've encountered in just one month of being a customer. 

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Poor customer service
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi alclawson84,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes