Taxes and fees??????
swhmetta1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have internet and tv with verizon. I do not have a landline. I just happened to look at my bill online and noticed this:

TV
FL State Gross Receipts Tax - 2
FL State Gross Receipts Tax - 1
FL State Communications Services Tax
FL Local Communications Services Tax
FL State Sales Tax
FL Local Sales Tax
Regulatory Recovery Fee - Federal
Regional Sports Network Fee
Internet
FL State Sales Tax
FL Local Sales Tax
Total Taxes, Fees and Other Charges
$15.91

This makes no sense! There are way too many listed. Some look like duplicates. I don't have any sports channels. I think I am being scammed and want to pursue this.  Since when does my town or county charge a tax?  Communications for what? This is Fios tv and internet. I already get a tax on my wireless bill, which is seperate. 
Re: Taxes and fees??????
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

More and more states/towns are adding taxes to services as a way to raise money.

As for the RSN fee, that is added as a way to charge differently for the local sports channels (not sure what it is in your area, but we have MASN and Comcast Sports Net that carry local basketball, hockey, baseball, college).

Unless you ahve the most limited local package, you probably have these channels and therefore get charged the fee.

0 Likes
icrazyhorse1
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is just another way for Verizon to take money out of your wallet and move it into their wallet.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most of the cable systems do this.

This provides you with details on how much taxes are being levied upon their service.

As for RSN fees, this is the way they can seperate charges they get from local RSNs rahter than having all of us pay the same amount.
Different areas charge different amounts for their RSNs.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Frontier in the case of Florida.

Note this thread should be closed as before recent bump it was two years old.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes