Two Bad Installation Experiences
MsNiq

I am a new customer of Verizon and I only Fios Internet at the moment (Installed in September).  When I ordered Fios Internet, I had to wait almost 2 weeks to get someone to come out.  I was upset about the wait time, but I did understand the high demand for Fios.  On the day of my appointment, I got a call around 8 am saying that my technician would be there shortly.  My appointment wasn't scheduled until 12-5, so I thought he must have been coming early.  I waited around my house until 3pm and finally someone came.  I know that my window was from 12-5, but it's not okay for me to receive a call at 8am telling me that my technician was on the way and he really wasn't.  The technician was nice and finally got my Internet connected, so I have no issue with him or his service.

After having a good experience with the Internet connection, I decided to cancel my Charter TV service and sign up with Fios TV.  My appointment was set from 10-3pm today.  I never received any confirmation or calls besides the initial email after ordering.  I called this morning to make sure that the technician was coming and it said that he/she should be here between 10 and 11am.  Around 11am, no one was here, so I called back....  The system updated to say 12-1pm.  2 o'clock comes and no one is here, so I called back.  The system says 3pm-4pm.  Now I'm upset!  For Verizon to be such a major company and make so much money, you would think that they would have more order when it comes to these installation appointments. 

I called the call center and I spoke with lady that gave me some mumbo jumbo about the technician working on my order right now and will be calling me.  I asked to speak to her supervisor because I felt like she was reading from a script.  Her supervisor came on the line and called “dispatch”.  After speaking to “dispatch” she told me that the driver was running behind, but my home is next.  She transferred me to the billing department because I told her that if he's not going to be here by 3, I would PROBABLY need to reschedule.  The person in the billing department that she transferred me to had no idea of the conversation that I just had.  He even tried to act like he couldn't hear me and then hung up in my face.  I have a screen shot of the 45 minutes that I sat on the phone while the agents transferred me back and forth.  

I just received a call from a field manager and he's not sure if any installation appointments in California were done today due to some system error....   He has no idea when or if the technician will be arriving.  😞  I'm furious now!  I  should have received notice that my installation was cancelled or delayed.  I shouldn't have to proactively call to make sure that my installation is still scheduled.  As a company, it's Verizon's duty to make sure that their customers are kept up-to-date.  I don’t know whom I need to speak with, but I need to file some type of complaint.  It’s 3:40pm and a. the technician isn’t here b. Verizon hasn’t called me to even tell me if the driver is coming/not coming. 

0 Likes
Re: Two Bad Installation Experiences
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi MsNiq,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Two Bad Installation Experiences
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

MsNiq,

Due to you no longer responding we have closed your private support case. Feel free to make a new post anytime you need our help.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes