Verizon $100 prepaid card...only shows $37 on it
costerhus

Last August, I switched my TV service over to FIOS. At the time, I was promised a $100 prepaid debit card. The card was never activated until today (5-18-14), and never used. Imagine my surprise, when I activated the card...only to find out that the $100 I was supposed to get with this card, is only $37. How can that be, as the card was never used? I'd hate to think that Verizon has pulled a fast one on me. Also troubling, is that there doesn't seem to be a way to check the balance on this card. I've already tried the "Rewards" page. When I enter in the 16-digit number, it doesn't work. The site keeps telling me that it's incorrect. What's up with that?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon $100 prepaid card...only shows $37 on it
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes
Sparkkim

Lawrence,

There is no way to inquire about Prepaid cards.  I received $300 prepaid card, but after I used about 3 times and I had a balance of $81 and I tried to pay Verizon vill and it was declined and I tried to use it at the stores, and it was declined again.  So, I called the customer service shown on the card, but there was no way to talk to a human being.  It only repeated the balance and hung up on me repeatedly.  And I also tried to check the prepaid card website and it said that I had $81 available and it said to contact the same phone number on the card, and there was no hold on my card per website.  So, I should have no trouble using this card.

So, I tried to use "Ask Verizon", and when I typed Prepaid visa card in the subject, nothing showed up and I called Verizon customer service, there was no option for me to choose prepaid visa card or talk to customer service without choosing options that did not apply to me.  Basically, there is no human being that I can speak to regarding the card being declined to use.  So, the customer service phone # on the card does not work other than telling you how much is available.   What is the point of issuing the visa card, if I can't even use it and get embarassed everytime my card gets declined?  There is no "Variety of ways to contact any human being at Verizon" regarding this $300 prepaid card. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Sparkkim,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes