Verizon IHA message - Thanks for using 100% resources even after uninstall
MEGALOMANIAC
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

If any of you were foollish enough to allow  Verizon to install the In home agent on your computer, I suggest deleting it before it starts to use up 100% of your resources and slows your computer worse then the worst virus or worm. Once I found it was the resource hog I deleted it only to find it leaves behind half a dozen or more registry settings and still uses up the resources. Now I will have to kill another hours running some registry editor to completely delete a program that is of no value to me in the first place.

Mega

Re: Verizon IHA message - Thanks for using 100% resources even after uninstall
MEGALOMANIAC
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

It did the same thing on my notebook. Add/remove leaves behind a registry mess so the Verizon IHA still uses up 100% resources but Norton registry clean up seems to have fixed that. The Fios DVR app is such a cool and well written tool that it is surprising to find the IHA message agent eating up such resources when not activated and indeed, even after its been uinstalled through the Add/remove option. Makes me wonder if Verizon was collecting data ala the recent Iphone gps collection scandal or the govt motors onstar we will collect your info anyway even if you choose to deactivate us

MEGA

MEGALOMANIAC
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, I saw the computer slow down again and sure enough verizon IHA is the gift that keeps on giving even after uninstalling it and running a registry cleaner. It leaves the IHA messenger service running. Hopefully killing it and rebooting again will be enough.

I also noticed it left behind a verizon folder. I tried to rename it but it is locked. I am afraid to delete it lest it cause more havoc. When I first noticed the process and terminated it, windows began failing to open dialogue boxes and other errors. I can only imagine that the purpose of IHA messenger is to send back private information on my computers' activities that Verizon has no business snooping on

MEGA

tns
Master - Level 2

It also installs some other stuff.  I forget the exact name.  Make sure you uninstall that as well, or at least disable its startup.

AngryGuy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry to bump this.  I found it after searching IHA Message Center.  I had already uninstalled In Home Agent but message center was still running.  What I then did was search "verizon" from the start menu (win7 64). Under files and folders I found "IHA Message center.msi."  Double click that and it will give you a repair or remove otion. Click remove and finish. 

Worked so far, we'll see what happens after next boot. This is now after we're aware that our government used a court order to force verizon (and others) to record internet usage.  Where is the outrage now?