Verizon Location Missing on Web Site.
Varezin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been instructed by Verizon to pick up a piece of equipment at 141 E WILLOW ST LONG BEACH  CA 90806, yet the web site tells me that this is an unknown address. Unknown to Verizon? What sort of company is this?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Location Missing on Web Site.
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

This is a Verizon Wireless store. If you put the address into Google, you'll find multiple ways and maps to get there.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Location Missing on Web Site.
Varezin
Enthusiast - Level 1

Elizabeth:

There are a couple of problems with this Verizon store in Long Beach:

1. I was given their phone number to call them by Verizon. They NEVER answer the phone, they play a recording saying that they are busy, but typical of Verizon service, when you call back, they won't answer then, either - only play the record inviting you to call again. They are warts.

2. I eventually drove the distance to the store. There is no direction, except that it is in a shopping mall. It is a large shopping mall. You cannot determine where the Verizon store is from the street, or the parking lot. The is only 1 sign about 6 inches x 14 inches saying Verizon pointing to the door. The orientation of the sign, and the overhang of the verandah around the store make it impossible to see unless you are close by under the verandah. The guy in the store told me that they never answer the phone, and the big joke is that they tell callers to call back, and wonder how many times they will before they stop calling.

3. We have Verizon trucks in our street frequently, especially to the house across the street, where they have Verizon, ATT & Satellite services feeding wall-sized screens, as they are sports nuts - so it would not have been time consuming for one of them to carry my STB on one of their regular trips to this area.

4. My original Verizon contract included HD channels, but as I only had an analog TV at the time they installed a non-HD set box. Verizon sent a note acknowledging that they were not providing all the services contracted for, and were providing no adjustment. Now that I am getting the HD STB, they are going to charge me a monthly rental fee.

5. Verizon has become by swallowing up some of the Baby Bells that were created to break up AT&T's original monopoly, and it seems like Congress needs to act in a similar way to break up the Verizon monopoly: Verizon's customer exploitation has become appalling!  

0 Likes