Verizon employee in Maryland was incredibly rude today
patricia43m
Enthusiast - Level 1

After setting up an all day appointment when we said we would be available all day except for 2:00-2:30, Verizon showed up just after 2:00pm.  We were told we would get a text message stating the worker was on his way. the text came long after the tech had left.  The tech only needed to work outside but he came and left and the service had not been restored.

When we called Verizon and waited on hold forever, we were told we had to reschedule. So their tech didn't fix the problem and left anyway but we need to take another day off from work?

In the process, I got in touch with supervisor Shelly {edited for privacy}. Initially she was nice but then she started lecturing me a bit about how busy she was and that taking care of the issue I had was not really her job. She was going to transfer me to another person. I was OK with that but not with her condescending tone of voice (and her basic threat of "If you don't start begging me for help, I'm not doing a thing for you!)

I asked her to give me her name and she initially refused. Later she gave me her first name.  Ok, she then proceeded to transfer me to someone else but instead just hung up on me (knowing I had been trying for hours to speak to someone).

I called her back knowing she probably wouldn't pick up the phone but sure enough - she had her full name on the voice mail.

So Shelly {edited for privacy} needs to realize that customers are smart enough to figure out who she is and refusing to provide your name is a dead giveaway to a customer that you are not really committed to providing decent customer service.

By the way, she had my phone number and never called me back so I assume the call was disconnected on purpose.

Shelly claimed Verizon wouldn't care if I complained about her but I thought I would give it a try and see if anyone responds.

I hope not everyone at Verizon thinks treating customers like this is OK.

0 Likes