back up battery
315neil

My back up battery installed inside my main unit is beeping I belive the battey is shot.  The battery was installed incase the power went out and I has some service. very old battery

0 Likes
Re: back up battery
Hubrisnxs
Legend

www.verizon.com/battery

How do I Order, Replace and Dispose of my Battery Backup Unit (BBU) battery?The Verizon Optical Network Terminal (ONT) Battery Backup Unit (BBU) provides backup power for your FiOS voice services, including Emergency-911 for up to 8 hours in the event of a commercial power failure. Verizon considers the battery in your BBU as a power source that you own. You are responsible for maintaining the battery in the BBU. Much like you would need to replace the batteries in a portable radio from time to time, periodically the BBU battery needs to be replaced. 

Verizon provides free replacement batteries only if:

Otherwise, you will need to purchase a replacement battery at verizon.com/fiosaccessories or by calling 1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966) 

FiOS services will continue to work as long as the ONT remains plugged in and continues to receive electrical power. Failure to replace your battery, however, may cause damage to the Verizon network equipment through leakage.

My battery is no longer under warranty and I am not currently enrolled in the Verizon Expert Care Device Protection Plan 
The easiest way to purchase a replacement battery is to visit verizon.com/fiosaccessories . You can also contact Verizon at 1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966) to order a new battery over the phone.

My battery is under warranty, how do I order a replacement? 
ONT batteries purchased from Verizon have a 1-year limited warranty. You can order a replacement battery at no charge from your PC using In-Home Agent or by calling us at 1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966). Learn more about In-Home Agent

How do I track the status of my delivery?
Once you place you order with Verizon, your battery usually arrives between 5 – 7 business days via UPS Ground®. If you place your order using In-Home Agent or Interactive Media Guide (IMG) you probably received a Verizon reference number that can be used to check the status of your delivery. To track your delivery:

1. Go to www.ups.com/WebTracking/track?loc=en_US
  2. On the TRACKING page, expand the TRACK BY REFERENCE section.
  3. In the SHIPMENT REFERENCE field, type the Verizon reference number and click the TRACKbutton.

(Some Verizon reference numbers take up to 24 hours before they are found on the UPS website.)

I am currently enrolled in the Verizon Expert Care Device Protection Plan 
Verizon Expert Care Device Protection Plan subscribers can call 1-877-718-6716 to confirm coverage.

Can I buy a replacement BBU battery from outside sources?
The Verizon-supplied battery is designed specifically for use with FiOS service. While you can buy a battery from outside sources, use of a battery other than a 12-Volt 7.2Ah SLA (Sealed Lead Acid) battery is strongly discouraged since other battery types may impact the performance of your service(s). Verizon is not responsible for any damages resulting from the use of an improper battery.

Why won’t Verizon come to my home and replace the battery in my Battery Backup Unit (BBU)?
Verizon does not generally make repair calls to replace the battery in your BBU since it's very easy to do on your own.

How do I install a new battery?

You will receive instructions on how to install your battery when your new battery is delivered.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Batteries need to be disposed of properly. Visit epa.gov/osw or call the EPA at 1-202-272-0167 for instructions.

See also:Checking the Battery Back-up Unit
Battery Backup Unit (BBU) Indicator Lights
Battery Backup Unit (BBU) Audible Alarms

0 Likes