HSI Dropped Signficantly

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

HSI Dropped Signficantly

Message 1 of 3
(10,489 Views)

I had complained about download/upload speeds before and repairs were done to either the line or equipment at Verizon on 10/27. My speed improved to 2.61 MB/sec download and 0.73 MB/sec and all was well with the world. Then Sandy reared her ugly head and we lost service for about a week. No big deal; it was expected. The speeds since then are running at half of what they used to be.

I would just like to know if this is due to the lines and/or equipment still being repaired. If so, I can accept that. What I can't accept is being in the dark on why my serivce has dropped in speed. If Verizon would send out a message that speeds may drop while repairs are being done it would resolve a lot of issues. Bob

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: HSI Dropped Signficantly

Message 2 of 3
(10,281 Views)

Sorry about the very late reply.

In some cases folks have noticed a speed decrease on the DSL service most likely due to a provisioning issue once Verizon brings the service back online. In some cases it's been seen where a 3Mbps lines goes to 1.5Mbps for no reason, even though there appears to be ample capacity in the network to handle the load. Hopefully by now though, you have been able to get Verizon to restore the speed or exceed what you previously had.

Highlighted
Trivia Champ
Trivia Champ

Re: HSI Dropped Signficantly

Message 3 of 3
(10,266 Views)

@Smith6612 wrote:

In some cases folks have noticed a speed decrease on the DSL service most likely due to a provisioning issue once Verizon brings the service back online. In some cases it's been seen where a 3Mbps lines goes to 1.5Mbps for no reason, even though there appears to be ample capacity in the network to handle the load. Hopefully by now though, you have been able to get Verizon to restore the speed or exceed what you previously had.

Nods head in agreemeant and points to my issue that got resolved.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/HSI-Issues/speed-latency-lower-dsl-sync-and-speed-after-Sandy/td-p/4982...

🙂

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.