6100G - - "G" owner's manual
Cage0022
Enthusiast - Level 1

Trying to find 6100G owner's manual.

And, when I try to add a custom item to the firewall, it doesn't show up anywhere to see if it's been added. Shouldn't the screen show a list of custom edits?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 6100G - - "G" owner's manual
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Go to http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp/

#2 Set your Preferences for DSL, as need be.

#3 Select Internet -> Networking -> User Guides.

#4 Select the guide for the VersaLink 7500.

View solution in original post

CapnCrunch
Contributor - Level 2

www.softwaredriverdownload.com/westell_​6100_modem_manuals.html

0 Likes
Cage0022
Enthusiast - Level 1

Unfortunately, that is not the right one for the 6100G. The G model has a very different interface. I've had older modems from Verizon and that manual looks more like the interface in those older units.

Verizon has sent me some software in the mail (CDs). None of them have the owner's manual like I had asked them for.

It's frustrating. The reason I want the manual is that when you add an item to the firewall exception rules, the new rule doesn't show up anywhere. You can not see a list of rules you've implemented. I've had them even remote into my PC and they are baffled as well.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Go to http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp/

#2 Set your Preferences for DSL, as need be.

#3 Select Internet -> Networking -> User Guides.

#4 Select the guide for the VersaLink 7500.

Cage0022
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for the information. I can't figure out why when I set a custom firewall rule, nothing shows up. There's nothing on the screen showing the rules I've implemented. It looks like I've done nothing. Verizon remoted in and they too were baffled. 6100G - G series

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Upon reflection, wrong thread.

0 Likes
WardC
Enthusiast - Level 2

I, too, am seeking a user guide for the Verizon Westell Model 6100G.  Googling led me to a combination WireSpeed 6000/6110/6100 User Guide, but the 6100 sections don't correspond to my 6100G.

I trip to the Westell site was a dead end:  "This product was specifically designed for Verizon and all support for this product is handled directly by Verizon."

The "Go to Solution" link at the top of this thread goes to message #4 (dslr595148), which leads to a VersaLink Model 7500 User Guide.  That may address Cage0022's firewall issue, but it's not a 6100G manual.

-- Ward

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@WardC wrote:

WireSpeed 6000/6110/6100 User Guide, but the 6100 sections don't correspond to my 6100G.

I wonder what you mean by that.

Let me guess (if I am wrong, please correct me).

The screens of your router looks like, the screens at

http://screenshots.portforward.com/Westell/A90-750015-07/index.htm

?

--

As how to correct me if I am wrong..

#1 Take a screen shot of what the router screen looks like,

http://take-a-screenshot.org/

#2  Display it here some how.

a)  Choose an image hosting provider ( for example tinypic.com )

b) OR use the attachment feature of this message board.

0 Likes
WardC
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wonder what dslr595148 intended with screenshots of the modem configuration.

The title of this thread is "'G' owner's manual," and that's what I'm seeking.  At the moment, I'd like a detailed description of the meaning of the 3 LEDs on the Model 6100G.  A local PDF copy of the manual is essential when the modem is not working and I can't get to Google.

An hour ago I spoke with a Verizon DSL support rep and asked about getting a 6100G manual.  He said, "It's an older model" and that he'd send a description of three LEDs -- the message has not yet arrived.

-- Ward

Hubrisnxs
Legend
[PDF] PRODUCT DESCRIPTION (MODELS 6000, 6100, 6110)

Is that the one you are looking for? or do you have a 6100 that has the red verizon interface?

At any rate, the manual listed will give the proper light descriptions 

Easiest way to find it is If you have your cd, just run a search on it for .PDF files. On my newer cd it's in (DRIVE):\Modems\Westell\Install. On my older cd it's in (DRIVE):\bin\Utils\Westell.

There are also various walk throughs on the verizon support page.  like this one for Changing your Westell 6100 modem to Bridge Mode  (Red Verizon Interface)   

also available on the Verizon Website: