Address for Complaints on Poor Service
dbatty90293
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm looking for an e-mail address or physical mail (aka "snail mail") address I can use to submit a complaint regarding Verizon Online's (DSL in my case) horrid customer service.  The Verizon website does not provide any useful information on this.  I want to be sure that someone beyond the poorly trained foreign sub-contractors are aware of what poor service they are providing.  There seems to be no sense of accountability or concern when customers are not happy. 

If someone has an e-mail address or mailing address for the manger responsible for support in the Southern California region, I would greatly appreciate it. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Address for Complaints on Poor Service
dbatty90293
Enthusiast - Level 2

The e-mail page is a web form:

https://www22.verizon.com/Content/ContactUs/EmailUs/emailus.htm

There is no drop-down option corresponding to filing a complaint about poor service for Internet Service. 

I've already been contacted by a U.S. based representative.  They were apologetic and offered a credit.  They also offered very little hope of any real change to the way they support their DSL users.  They've probably done all they're going to do.  Providing reasonable customer service just isn't cost effective from their perspective.    I doubt I will select Verizon next time I select from a list of broadband providers. 

View solution in original post

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

You might try getting that info here:

http://www.verizon.com/contactus

dbatty90293
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not looking for the generic "Contact Us" web form.  I know how to find that.  In my experience with Verizon, that is about as useless as speaking with the contractors who provide the poor support in the first place.  Often times, it is the same people.  I'm looking for info on which manager to contact in the Western region who is actually responsible for hiring these people and the resulting horrid service. 

disgusted1359
Enthusiast - Level 2

When you find out who hires Verizon staff let me know.  For at least seven years I have terrible experiences, wasted time, expensive telephone calls............overcharging for services not received and amended mailing address without the customers wishes.....................I could write a book on Verizon  incapableSTAFF.

@dbatty90293 wrote:

I'm not looking for the generic "Contact Us" web form.  I know how to find that.  In my experience with Verizon, that is about as useless as speaking with the contractors who provide the poor support in the first place.  Often times, it is the same people.  I'm looking for info on which manager to contact in the Western region who is actually responsible for hiring these people and the resulting horrid service. 

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

the verizon contact us page isn't a web form.

follow the links and you will see postal service.

Residential Phone, Internet and TV

General Correspondence

PO Box 11328
St Petersburg, FL 33733

0 Likes
dbatty90293
Enthusiast - Level 2

The e-mail page is a web form:

https://www22.verizon.com/Content/ContactUs/EmailUs/emailus.htm

There is no drop-down option corresponding to filing a complaint about poor service for Internet Service. 

I've already been contacted by a U.S. based representative.  They were apologetic and offered a credit.  They also offered very little hope of any real change to the way they support their DSL users.  They've probably done all they're going to do.  Providing reasonable customer service just isn't cost effective from their perspective.    I doubt I will select Verizon next time I select from a list of broadband providers. 

RetiredDBA
Contributor - Level 2

I don't want to disparage anyone who has received poor service form Verizon and who has expressed frustration.  And I don't claim that Verizon is perfect.

But I am going to say that the sales reps and tech people I have talked to on the phone compare favorably to their counterpoarts in the cable company, and at some cell phone or long distance companies. 

My sample could be unrepresentative.  Or it could be that Verizon does a good job for 99% of its customers and a really terrible job for the other 1%.  And of course, the 1% are going to be more vocal than the 99%.  And 1% of a very big number is still a big number.

0 Likes
ditzywithitall
Enthusiast - Level 1

I totally agree. I mailed them a complaint and got no response. Have considered contacting the attorney general, if you don't pay their in home repair service good luck getting someone to come out. They said they would be here & no show. I would rather pay all at once than monthly and supposedly it is your choice to buy the maintenance, they wouldn't come out until I purchased it, then charged me for the call and the monthly. I have since cancelled again. Every time you call they say 'if it's inside', blah blah blah...Called about poor service when I called another carrier, said it was the other carriers prob. Called the other carrier, Verizon's prob. I pay Verizon as far as I'm concerned it's the companies problem that I'm giving my money to.

ConfusedinNJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

My biggest frustration with my Verizon DSL problems is continual breakdowns on central office equipment without the ability to refer them a trouble directly.  My latest outage (24 hours) from 9/2/10-9/3/10 was a bad router in the central office.  In six months of service I have been out of service eight times.  The frustration is customer service in India cannot refer a trouble to Network in NJ (where the problem is) without following a protocol which requires I recheck my modem & PC adnauseum with them, even though the issue is a broken connection between the modem and the server.  This is true even after a network trouble is issued. If you call them back for status, you need to repeat all the non problem finding checks, to get a status on the real problem in NJ. 

lawholm

I have once again had to try and get ahold of Verizon customer service. After an agonizing long time getting thru, I was connected to someone in India (again!) who I could not understand.  I cannot stand it and hopefully will be able to change my internet service company soon.

0 Likes