Another very slow internet complaint
Mike_Agner
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've had the internet hi speed enhanced package (3.1-7mb), but over the last couple of weeks, I can barely get 3mb. In fact the speedtest site at verizon and speakeasy.net website both show similar results. I've run tests on 2 physically seperate machines, 2 different OSs with the same results.

I changed my channel on my modem, thinking it was congested, from 6 to 11, did a modem reboot, and saw only a minor improvement. After almost 30 mins with tech support, they basically shrugged their shoulders after they told me I was 'provisioned' (their word) for 3mb, and sent me over to a business office. I called them, and got basically the same result, after which they tried to send me back to tech support. 

What a runaround!

Now I have a D-Link modem - a replacement for the one I had that was blown in a near strike some time ago. I'm seriously thinking of getting a Roku, but with speeds like this gives me pause.

Anyone else have issues like these- particularly in the Bowie Maryland area? I wish I could go FIOS (had it where I used to live), but it's not installed in my condo community (it's installed all around us, though)..TIA...Mike

Re: Another very slow internet complaint
BigBrutal64
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine has slowed way down. I suppost to have 7 mbs but now have 1.3 mbs.

I'm so tired of Verizon not working correctly.  For three years I never got to  my true speed. I had, at least 5 techs out and they all told me it is fine. One even told me to get slower account....he said their lines were too old for 7 mbs.

Finally got a GOOD tech and he fixed the line....one wire was broken inside insultation. He fixed it and I had 6.5 mbs after that. Great. It was a Verzion bad line.

Then I get a bill for $136.00 for fixing their own line.  Went thru their Customer service..really bad service their also. Said I had to pay the money casue the Tech stepped inside my buildinhg. Called the tech and he told me that he did not bill me. It is common for the tech to run a ping test from inside the building. He talked to his supervisior and was told there was nothing he do to help..

So now I have 1.3 mbs and an over billing of $135.00.

People beware

0 Likes