DSL Keeps Disconnecting For Over a Month
Crimsonite

I have DSL Enhanced @ 10Mbps, upgraded from 3Mbps back in 2007. The speeds I was getting were 9.6Mbps/0.92Mbps D/U with an average ping of 15~20, and had been flawless until recently, speeds have gradually dropped down to 7.2Mbps/0.71Mbps with ping @ 30~75, sometimes spiking up to 120.

Since the beginning of Octorber the modem drops connection every 5 hours - I timed. It's on a dedicated DSL line, no splitter. I noticed that every time after the modem is reconnected my speeds would be lowered by 10% (ie from 7.2Mbps down to 6.1Mbps) until it gets down to 3Mbps range. I'd have to call Verizon Support and have them reset my line for it to get back up to 7.2Mbps again, but the disconnects persisted to this day, and the only tech that did come out here said it's a problem with the box outside my house and a construction crew would come to get it repaired on 10/27 which never happened. But since then the issues have "evolved", it's no longer every 5 hours but now very random, though happens more often when I play an online game. Sometimes the modem will get into an endless training loop and disconnects every 30 seconds for hours at a time.

I work from home, doing PC hardware technical support which requires an always-on connection and this has been causing me massive problems. I'm now on the verge of cancelling Verizon and be done with the nightmare once and for all. It seems to me that Verizon just doesn't care, otherwise it should have been fixed by now or if they're still in the process of determining the culprit, at least let me know. But every trouble ticket which I supposedly had, never existed.

$60/month for mediocre speeds without real support. I'm sick and tired of this crap. 

If anyone on this board can shine some light, got any way to get a real tech out here and repair the line, it'd be greatly appreciated...

0 Likes
Re: DSL Keeps Disconnecting For Over a Month
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Crimsonite,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes