DSL broadband connection dropping/high packet loss
Bkinsey16
Interesting story, experienced issues with actiontec router GT784WNV. For 2 weeks the connection kept dropping. Went to router page on browser and said internet was connected, but broadband connection disconnected. The BB connection reconnected, and then moments later dropped again. This has occurred persistenty for 2 weeks. Sometimes (usually night time) it happens all night with 1-3 minute breaks, during the day less frequently. Ive reset and power cycled the modem several times. I usually do it 1-3 times daily.

Slower speeds. I pay for 1-3 mbps, as of late has been less than 1mbps. My devices have had issues, cell phones, xbox one. All cannot maintain stable connections. Speed tests show some trash speeds, <0.30mbps.

Called verizon, they couldn't fix it, sent tech. Tech arrived, no issue on the lines, said i was getting 1.5mbps after his speed test. That evening issues arose again, called verizon support, tech came next day, no issues on the line, router said 1.3mbps, relatively stable connection as per the router page, but devices had severe issue with connections. "Network communication error."

All in all, the tech gave me a new router, router says speeds are at 899kbps, up 284kbps. Better stability, but still shakey. Less dropped connections...

Xbox says HIGH packetloss at 35-42% packetloss, low internet speeds at <0.20mbps. Ive trouble shooted so many things, i have no idea what to do to establish the quicker speeds i used to have.

Any ideas? Im pretty tech savvy and can answer most of your inquiries.

-Brandon
0 Likes
Re: DSL broadband connection dropping/high packet loss
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Bkinsey16,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes