DSL out 8 weeks
Nitlion87
Enthusiast - Level 2
Very frustrated with verizon service. We have been without dsl for nearly 8 weeks and all the service department can say is they are working on the problem. I've yet to see s service truck in the area. 4 other neighbors in the same situation and 2 others can't get new service because they don't have enough ports for the area. 2016 and living in the 80's. Next stop is local papers and representative.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DSL out 8 weeks
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Nitlion87,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are landline telephone services having issues, or is this exclusively DSL? Sounds like a bad shelf or DSLAM if it hasn't been fixed already. 

If voice service is extremely noisy, with static or buzzing, it could be a line problem instead. Verizon will need to repair that issue for a chance to fix the DSL. 

I would recommend reaching out to the Verizon social media team at the DSLReports Verizon Direct forum. They tend to be pretty good at giving you the straight answer, and have plenty of contacts within Verizon that can help get problems solved quickly once identified. 

Make an account and post here for Verizon Direct support: https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Nitlion87,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes