Error 25015
Jormungandr

Today, my Verizon DSL downloaded "VZ In-Home Agent," which seems to be a new help and support program. It stated it need to install .Net Framework 2.0, so I clicked on the link and saved it to my desktop. However, when it tried to install, I got the following error message:

"Error 25015  Failed to install C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\2.0.50727\Microsoft.Visual.Basic.Compability.dll because of systme error 0x8013117"

I'm using Windows XP SP3. I thought I already had .Net Framework 2.0 installed as it appears when I run system scans with Norton and other antimalware scanners. Does anyone have a solution? Did I or Verizon screw up majorly? Is VZ In-Home Agent really important? Anytime I had a problem under the previous help utility, it just repeated the same steps: check modem, cables, etc which eventually just led me to reset the modem and re-install and set up again. Is it the same steps with VZ In-Home Agent?

0 Likes
Re: Error 25015
Jormungandr

OK, so far I've received no response, probably because of the holiday weekend. However, I've googled VZ In-Home Agent and it seems to be a FIOS-related program? Is this true? If so, why was it downloaded when I have DSL?

0 Likes
Re: Error 25015
Jormungandr

Also, I forgot to mention that I got a prompt to activate my account. I clicked on it and it did the usual install software, etc. Never mind that I already have the software on the computer.  I have to ask  what is going on here?

0 Likes