How do I know if this is a legitimate email from Verizon?
BarclaySchSuppl

How do I know if this is a legitimate email from Verizon?  It looks like a phishing attempt, but the last 4 digits of my account # are correct.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Valued Verizon Customer,

Your services are scheduled to be suspended. To view your suspension letter, sign in to your account at My Verizon. From your Profile, select the View Now button in the My Verizon Notifications section.

You can also View and Pay Your Bill at My Verizon.

Notice Snapshot

Last 4 digits of your telephone/account number: XXXX

Amount Due to avoid suspension: $XXX.XX

Payment Due Date to avoid suspension on or before 02/09/2014

If you are not registered, access the My Verizon Registration Page and select the Register Now option.

Thank you for allowing us to serve you.

Sincerely,

Your Verizon Team

0 Likes
Re: How do I know if this is a legitimate email from Verizon?
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Any time you are unsure of the legitimacy of a notification like that, go directly to the source. Instead of clicking on any links in the email itself, go directly to verizon.com, sign in, and look at your account. Alternatively, you can call Verizon Billing to verify your account status. They have options for getting ahold of them on teh Contact Us link at the bottom of every page.

Remeber, it is *always* safer to go directly to company websites yourself than click on links in questionable emails. If the warning is legitimate, you should get the same information.

0 Likes