I can not access my "Edit your personal web site" within my personal web site!
abba3

I have tried for months to access my personal web site to make changes to the content.  I can go on and view the site and of course I can order additional space and other options that Verizon makes money on.

I have sent email but have not received a response from Verizon.

Does anyone know who I can contact to try and get this resolved.  It is useless to have a site that you can't access to make changes.

Thanks

ABBA

0 Likes
Re: I can not access my "Edit your personal web site" within my personal web site!
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could use a FTP Client on your computer to publish your web page.

Go to http://www2.verizon.net/myaccount/manage/sitebuilder/ftp_info.asp and get the directions.

^^

0 Likes
Re: I can not access my "Edit your personal web site" within my personal web site!
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@abba wrote:

I have tried for months to access my personal web site to make changes to the content.  I can go on and view the site and of course I can order additional space and other options that Verizon makes money on.

I have sent email but have not received a response from Verizon.

Does anyone know who I can contact to try and get this resolved.  It is useless to have a site that you can't access to make changes.

Thanks

ABBA

What happens when you try to access it? Are you getting an error?

Kiwegapawa
Enthusiast - Level 1

... Well I would imagine most that I've seen posting here for help have stopped checking here long ago. But it's something that is still going on. Today it being 08]09/2011. This where I have been calling the services at Verizon aboutr this situation that grows even more agrravating. As there was an annoucment that they would be pulling the use of FTP altogether on 08/21/2011 from these personally made Web Sites. I was in the middle of setting up a mediaplayer and a playlist on 08/03/2011 when they pulled out the FTP. Thing is, when they pulled it, they also pulled most all other points of editors needed in use of HTML. This such as the *.BAK files created when server system files are changed. This for most any point of what you create in HTML change make new system server files, there in creating another *.BAK file. These build without deletion, there in filling up space of what's being paid for. Making that space then unuseable.

... Or in the point of creating a play list for sound (Microsoft's Mediaplayer playlist, *.wpl) , in the use of mediaplayer. You now have no way to introduce a playlist file to your web site since they pulled all points. Except to upload a *.Jpg, *,Bmp,  *.Gif, *.Png, and so forth. You can upload a sound file, you can list a single sound file for windows mediaplayer this within the Mediaplayer App itself. But you still have no way of entering a playlist. So in the point of use in any web app we've been cut off at the knees, there is no way to any longer to add script for whatever web site use. No matter what type Mediaplayer you use, it has to have a playlist for it to call to.

... The point of how long it should take to fix these problems I speak of finding above, in total, is 15 minutes. This giving a large margin of extra time.

... A Verizon Supervisor was suppose to be getting back to me within 24 to 48 hours about this problem last week. This Supervisior got back to me that evening with a couple hours. Surprized me, cause it was 11.30 pm that night. He asked me to repeat the problems. I did. He said he would personally get back to me again with 24 to 48 hours. Well, it's next week and he has not called back. He had said he was speaking to the department that handled the My Web Space for verizon. Course I started calling back Sunday Afternoon, then Monday Afternoon. Been nothing more then a big run around. Overseas using turn down microphones on patched through to supposive higher level techs. Sending you to the wrong department. Dishonorable low life trash tactics. Top off by your call back, then that all powerful shallow staement of,"We're so sorry for your frustration, Sir!~ I've known of black ants and flies that stood with more stature at a picnic! 

... The point the people in the above comments have been speaking about, is the point of a Verizon technician writing the "Edit My Web Site" URL link for the same page link the Web Page is listed on. This why it blocks you from entering. As the editor of our Verizon Web Space is not there to click into editor mode. As the link that is suppose to be there has been removed.

... What I have been finding for the most part, is a major portion of incompetance in the overseas companies hired. Where they are long on simplistics and gravely short on any Troubleshooting abilities. Then we have the over zelot Technician and Engineer in this Country feeling they are too good to do their job. Or maybe it's they feel they are making too little money to do their jobs. How would I know these facts. I am not only a Verizon customer. I am a New York State Certified Tech since 1986, Held my MSCE since 1995 and became Electronic Engineer in 2001-2002. There are many more then what is under this one topic. Which boils down to the customer being cut from the services they are paying for. Most employee's of Verizon being cut and cheaper labor overseas being used. So where is all the money going, The Fat Cats on the Verizon Corporate Board rooms still making how much? Have you seen FIOS making outside of major Cities? It is Quite apparent that if you live in a metropolis of 200,000 or less, you can't support what the corporate board deems profitable. Point blank, we are being sold services they are not delivering on. That is indeed theft!  

Re: I can not access r personal web site" within my personal web site!
edwardarias
  • Please Help Me? I can not edit my personal web sit.
0 Likes
luna1124

i am on the phone with verizon tech support right now. they don't have clue after 40 minutes of waiting. all i want is my files deleted. how hard can it be?

0 Likes