I'm experiencing severely reduced speeds
GregJonezz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Like the title says, I'm experiencing severely reduced speeds, usually between 3:00PM and 2:00AM EST. I don't believe the problem is with the router, because it only seems to happen during these times. I've experienced an over-all slowdown since getting the service, though.

When the service was first installed, I wasn't getting a connection and when the in-home agent came, I was getting a speed that I did not order, which was equivelant to dial-up.  I had to call them again and they fixed it, this time I was getting awesome speeds, like 1MBps on downloads (I play a lot of online games, so when a patch arrives, I need the speed to download it; ) However, my service has been diminishing over the last couple months, to the point where my download rate during 2:00AM to 3:00PM is only 500KBps, and when it's reversed, I experience a connection of usually 50KBps to 150KBps, leaving me unable to patch a game, unless I'm waiting all day.

Does anyone have any advice, or will I have to contact Verizon by phone and have them fix this?

0 Likes
Re: I'm experiencing severely reduced speeds
AnnieS1
Contributor - Level 3

Hi GregJonezz,

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users.

If you are having an issue with your Verizon service, you can use the Verizon Troubleshooter to fix and report issues with your Verizon Phone, FiOS TV, or Internet Service, as well as to schedule a repair, here is the link: http://www.verizon.com/repair

You can find tools on the Verizon Residential Support page that may help you diagnose your issue: http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp

Regards,

AnnieS

0 Likes
GregJonezz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for your reply. I have a live chat open right now and I'm trying to get it figured out. I posted this just in-case someone had something to share that might benefit my issue.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like a router/circuit change is in order. You'll need to get Verizon to do that and of course, make sure you take care of the initial troubleshooting first to get the standard issue training out of the way. If you have difficulties with getting Verizon to fix this or if they turn your speed down let me know. This should not be a problem with the modem, of course 😉

Also, make sure your Wireless if you have Wi-Fi isn't to blame such as in the case that someone is "borrowing" it or you've got interference on it if you use WI-Fi.