Installation No-Show and Order Stoped
larrylin

On May 4, I placed an order online for high speed internet (enhanced, double bundle) at $34.99/month (Fios isn't in my area). I had some issues about the internet speed and the pricing while I was doing it, so I called Verizon, and the rep was able to answer my questions and guide me through the process. I scheduled a installation date on May 25, between 9am and 5pm. The Verizon rep told me over the phone that they would send somebody to install the kit for me at that time.

I took off work on May 25 and stayed home, but by the end of the day nobody showed up. There was no prior warning that nobody was going to show up, by phone or by email. I called Verizon to see what the issue was, and the rep talked about issues with the strike, and they said that I could've installed everything on my own. I said that I didn't know, because the previous rep said that they were going to send somebody over. I asked if I could install it, and the rep said that I needed to wait until midnight. But after this, the rep put me on hold for a while, and then she said that I needed to reschedule the installation date. I was confused. Why do I need another installation date? Nonetheless, I went along, and we rescheduled for June 18. Fortunately, after I complained, the rep said that Verizon would mail me a Jetpack which I could borrow for the time being.

On June 14, I realized that I was not able to stay at home on June 18, so I called in and asked if we could reschedule. We settled on July 8.

Today, on June 28, almost eight weeks after I had placed the initial order, I received an email from Verizon saying that my order had been cancelled. It read, "There has been an important change to your order. Unfortunately, your order for Verizon High Speed Internet has been cancelled and therefore, we will not be able to provide you with Verizon High Speed Internet. We are disappointed that you did not get an opportunity to experience all that Verizon High Speed Internet has to offer. We hope you reconsider your decision and welcome the opportunity to serve as your Internet service provider in the near future. You are required to return any Verizon-provided equipment. We will send you a postage-paid label to use for the return. If you choose to keep the equipment, an equipment charge will apply."

I was caught off-guard. I never made a decision to cancel my order. I called Verizon to ask why my order was cancelled, and the rep confirmed that the order was cancelled but could not tell me why. He said that a lot of things might have been jumbled up over the past month or so, and that there was no explanation he could give as to why more order was cancelled. I asked what I could do, and he said that I had to place a new order. I asked how much it would be for the enhanced internet double bundle package, and he estimated about $60-65/month. That is almost twice as much as my original order. I thanked him, looked up the price online, and found that the $34.99/month price was still available. Perhaps the price on the internet is different than the price over the phone?

Whatever the case, I have been pretty disappointed with my experience with Verizon. Why did nobody show up at my original installation date? Why didn't they notify me sooner that nobody was going to show? Why did I need to reschedule if I could just self-install? Why did my order get cancelled?

0 Likes
Re: Installation No-Show and Order Stopped
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi larrylin,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes