Internet Worked for 3 hours and now nothing
cglowjr

I had Verizon internet installed yesterday.  A new phone line was ran for my dry loop service.  I have no home phone.  The installer was wonderful.  He had everything running by about 1 pm.  I used the internet from 1-6 perfectly fine.  Around 6pm, I was online on my laptop and my girlfriend was on her I Pad.  All of the sudden, neither of us could use the internet.  The connections all show fine.  Power and DSL are steady, wireless and internet blink occasionally.  My computer reqcognizes the router and signs on.  I open a webpage and it just gives me the hour glass for a while.  It never opens the page.  It's been like this since 6pm last night.  I called Verizon and they went through a process of elimination to find out there is a strong signal, and its not my computer.  I wonder if its the I pad?  Any ideas?

Charles

0 Likes
Re: Internet Worked for 3 hours and now nothing
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 What is the brand and model of your DSL modem?

#2 Besides a phone line and a power supply line, what else has a wired connection to the DSL modem?

0 Likes
cglowjr

The modem is an actiontec.  I can't remember the model.  I think it's WT...something.  I am at work.  As for the wired connections, its just the phone and power.  I have a ethernet cable, that I tried hooking directly to my computer, but that didnt work either.

Charles

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Any luck on resolving this problem at all?

0 Likes
cglowjr

Nope, still not resolved.  It's been like 2 weeks and no internet for a new account.  I call verizon and I go through the hour long process of turn this off, reset this, change this, check this.  A technician comes out and checks everything, calls verizon and they make him do all the same checks I did the night prior.  I call back a day or two later, and the same thing, press this, check this, change this setting.  I cannot tell you how many times I have reset the modem.  It's not the modem, its not my computer.   The technician that came out used his company laptop and changed the modem.   Same issue, all lights are working ok, internet will not open a page.  it just hangs.  They are sending another technician tomorrow to probably do the same thing.  I am giving them until Friday to fix the problem, or I am cancellling the service and going elsewhere.  Unreal to have this issue for a new user.

Charles

0 Likes