Internet is messed up
donvito

I have recently moved and my internet worked the first week or so. Now it doesn't. So we bought a lynksis router and it still shuts down. Every hour, it shuts off. First few weeks it was ever 53th minute of the hour. Now its ever 11th minute of the hour and it takes exactly 3 minutes to get back online. The xbox is plugged in the router and the labtop uses wireless internet and i need help!

0 Likes
Re: Internet is messed up
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 What is the model of that Linksys?

#2 What is the brand and model of your modem?

0 Likes
donvito

Actually its a netgear.

Wireless g router, WGR614v9

Westell 327 W

0 Likes
daddyaggie

Change your channel to 11 in the router and your adapter

0 Likes
donvito

Wells theres a bigger problem now. I cant even access my default ip now. I reseted the dsl router. Now when i go to my default ip, it doesn't load, like the page doesnt exist

0 Likes
Kim_VA
Enthusiast - Level 1

Netgear routers have issues with Westell modems sometimes because they share the same IP address.  I had the SAME issue, and I fixed it very easily by doing the following. 

1. Connect the modem into the internet/wan port of the router. (The port that is closest to the antenna.)
2. Connect your computer into any of the lan ports on the router.
3. Plug the power cable into the router.
4. You should see 3 lights on the router (power, internet and lan connection).
5. Now, take out the power cable from the router and from the modem also. And plug the power back to the router, just to the router.
6. You should see 2 lights on the router (power and lan connection).
7. Open Internet explorer and in the address box type http://192.168.1.1/basicsetting.htm or http://www.routerlogin.com/basicsetting.htm and hit enter.
8. This will take you to the basic settings page of the router.
9. Click on apply button on the bottom.
10. Login to the router (User Name = admin Password = password unless you have changed it).
11. Click on “LAN IP SETUP” on the left hand side.
12. Change the lan ip address or local ip address to 192.168.7.1 and click on apply.
13. This will give you page cannot be displayed.
14. Now, connect take out the power cable form the router.
15. Plug the power cable to the modem and wait for the modem to come up properly, and when the modem is up then plug the power cable to the router.
16. Go back to the computer and try to access the Internet.

Try this, it worked like magic for me (well, back before I started having line issues with my Verizon DSL, but that's not something we can fix).

It's important to follow these step-by-step.  Good luck!

0 Likes