Internet outage in NE PA
coobal223

I am experienceing routing issues from my home to different networks.  for example, I can get to 8.8.8.8, google's dns server, but I'm not able to route to the router at work.  the network drops off after it hits the dslam, or whatever Verizon is using.

0 Likes
Re: Internet outage in NE PA
krd4510

I have been having problems since 6/10...unable to connect to certain web sites...spent over an hour with tech support...they accessed my computer, changed some settings and ASSURED me it would work after that. Tech said something about settings in "central office" had changed. Well,it didnt work. I then got back onto chat which was disconnected becasue connection was dropped. They called me and I spent another hour trying to resolve it. I thought I needed a new router but they said it would cost me 39.95 to get one...why do I pay a monthly fee????.They have now issued a repair ticket which indicates that it will be fixed by 846 pm tonight. In the text they sent, it says that I can check the status of the repair by going to the verizon site and putting in the repair ticket number and my zip code...well that doesnt work either...the site just shuts down....this has been a nightmare!! I am a professor and cannot access my schools website, but can access other schools....can access facebook now but couldnt do so on friday...there is no rhyme or reason for what is happening. My biggest concern is that no one at Verizon seems to know what is going on. If it is not fixed by tonight I am switching to my local cable company tomorrow.

0 Likes
Re: Internet outage in NE PA
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi krd4510,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes