Internet slow for years....
JaredHerbst

I have had problems for years with my internet speed, but have gotten the cold shoulder from Verizon whenever I call. The one time they sent a technician he told my wife he had to come back because my NID was on my ROOF(??) and needed a ladder. He never told us what was wrong and no paperwork.

Was reading some other posts and somebody mentioned getting rid of Data Path: Interleaved. That sounds like a great idea to me, but could you shed some light on what that is and how I could go about the getting rid of. My transceiver stats are as follows:

Model: Westell 327W

Transceiver Revision: 7.2.3.0

Vendor ID Code: 4

Line Mode: G.DMT Mode

Data Path: Interleaved

Transceiver Information                 Downstream Path         Upstream Path

DSL Speed (Kbits/sec)                     640                                    448

Margin (dB)                                          5.0                                     19.0

Line Attenuation (dB)                         55.5                                   31.5

Transmit Power (dBm)                      13.0                                  11.8

I know that my Margin is horrible on the Downstream Path. I know that compounded with the 13.0 Transmit Power is not helping. Neither is the Attenuation....But why would it seem to only affect the Downstream Path? Would that point to a wiring issue or could that problem be covered by a bunch of possibilities? Any info, tips or further inquiries would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

*edit* Forgot to mention the model 😛

0 Likes