Is there a high speed internet monthly download limit?
erickwookie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry if this is posted elsewhere...tried several times to use the search function but always comes back "page not found."

Is there a monthly CAP or gig limit on downloading with the high speed internet?  I know there are different speeds involved with each level of service, but I don't see any download limits anywhere.

Pennteledata said they had unlimited cable internet, but I learned differently after receiveing complaint letters about my bandwidth usage the 1st couple months.  For example PTD has a 15 gig limit on the 1st level and then 50 gig on the next and so on....  found out after the fact - didn't state it anywhere which is what I am finding here as well?

thx for the help!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is there a high speed internet monthly download limit?
erickwookie
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
erickwookie
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, I can't find a delete button here or close this topic button? 

I found the answer on another page which is there is no CAP...seems to good to be true, but I guess I'll go with that answer...until Verizon starts pulling what PTD did to me - sending nastygrams about bandwidth usage...

0 Likes
yellingdog
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is no cap, but beware that most residental plans don't allow you to host a website if that's what you are using all of the bandwidth for. If you are using it for more "shady" reasons verizon could also have an issue with this.

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Eric, if you would, please make a post with a link to the thread you found, so that other users finding this question, can also find the answer. Then mark that post as the Accepted Solution.

0 Likes
erickwookie
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes