MSN Premium
amerben
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agreed to pay Verizon a fixed fee for its "Triple Play" on 6/3/2009.  Now (as of 3/1/2012), I will apparently no longer be able to access 10 years of stored emails.  Neither MSN's nor Verizon's announcements address this issue, except (1) to pay MSN an additional, separate monthly fee (currently quoted at about $10), or else to go through a poorly-described process to move them to a Verizon database.  I acknowledge that after 6/3/2012 Verizon/MSN/DirecTV may change whatever it wants, but in the meantime I suggest that Verizon arrange for the continuation of my MSN Premium account until 6/3/2012.  In the meantime, I will have to consider MY options.  Bruce Thomson

MSN premium GONE ?
donmcc1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Will we get a rate reduction, when MSN Premium is dropped?   ... NO FIOS here  ... crappy support from God knows where ... just love it

Re: MSN Premium
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at: http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

0 Likes
1moretime
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree.  I pay enough for the service now I have to pay more for the service I have used for years.  I am shopping around to see if I can get a better deal on my package deal.  So far, I think I may make a change. 

wfnh
Enthusiast - Level 1

What, you can't complain here? It is a valid point. I've had Verizon with MSN Premium for YEARS too, and don't like the idea of paying even more. I found the post to be most helpful and it was the very first one I've read here.

0 Likes
slhcrnp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please add my voice to those here who are unhappy with Verizon's latest decision to terminate relationship with MSN Premium leaving us to be forced to pay more for what we believed was a reliable offer from Verizon.  I find it hard to believe that there is nothing that Verizon can do to help us. 

I have been a loyal Verizon customer from their beginning with my home phone.  And then from the first day DSL was available to me.  And not to mention the three wireless numbers we have. 

Wow.

Re: MSN premium GONE ?
slhcrnp
Enthusiast - Level 2

ITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Terrible horrible awful nogood business decision for sure.

peeode
Enthusiast - Level 1

I found the content from other users of this topic to be very helpful as a user of Verizon paid-for services.  Is Verizon saying that their customers cannot use this forum to discuss the services provided by Verizon with other Verizon customers to include MSN Premium email as part of the original package as offered by Verizon?  I tried to email my questions and complaints to Verizon about this but the option of emailing is not available in my area for some reason. I tried to live chat on my day off but they are closed so I found this forum and read the outlandish response about not talking about this here. Really!  I just called MSN and as a previous Verizon subscriber, well over ten years, (that's over $3600 I've paid Verizon for DSL), MSN is now offering access to MSN Premium for a yearly subscription of $59.95, or approximately $5 per month.  That cost is on top of what I have been paying Verizon from the beginning to include this service, that's how it was advertised, now someone wants to charge us for this already agreed to service.  The question is, will Verizon deduct $5 from our monthly bills to cover this reduction in service that that Verizon included in our original packages.  If there is some small print verbiage out there that allows Verizon to reduce or eliminate a paid-for and provided service at anytime for any reason and continue to charge its customers the original price, if there is then maybe this kind of information should be put at the top of all their advertisements.  This is becoming standard practice here.  It started with Direct TV being part of a package deal until the deal between Verizon and Direct TV disolved then the cost for Direct TV skyrocketed and was to be paid directly to Direct TV.  I was very close to changing to Fios but will have to consider all my options with other providers.  If Verizon is going to ban conversations about its services in this forum then what's the sense of having it.

Grunpy10
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just love the email message from MSN Premium: We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and are committed to working with you through this transition to ensure as little disruption as possible.

Call them and ask for your Favorites to be moved. My first call ended up to be a 45 minute on hold, some one from the Internet Explorer team finally came to line, tried to send me back to MSN and I got disconnected. 2nd call ended up being told by MSN it could not be done. They were not helpful at all. And I do believe it is possible. They are not very truthful.

This is going to be a sad, sad time.

chesbay
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have to agree with others here who are not pleased with loosing a service that was used to solicit my business, purchasing Verizon DSL services about  seven years ago.

It feels a good bit like the  treatment as a Netflix customer. So now I loose services and no replacement  or reduction in my pricing. In my business if I take away services customers pay less for goods and services. Very disappointed with Verizon.

I have tolerated poor customer service, outdated lines and lack of service, no FIOS availability and more. Now reduced services.