Old Modem?
Zouave114

My Modem is a Westell A90 built in 2002. Could that be a reason I lose my connection fairly often? I connect again by turning off modem-Router-computer, then turning on modem, wait 2 minutes, then router, computer. Would Verizon replace the mode for a newer one? The router is a Netgear RP614v2. These are all wired.

Jeff

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Old Modem?
moordenaar
Enthusiast - Level 2
I've got a Westell A90 from 2001 and it never loses connectivity.  Must be something else unless the modem is going bad.
0 Likes
Zouave114

For those who may still add their two cents, I accidentally clicked "solution." I still have disconnect problems.

jeff

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Hi zouave114,

I've unchecked the accepted solution in order for you to receive more replies that may fix your issue.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
The only time I've noticed the modem going bad was after a lightning storm. Usually if your loosing connection to the modem you probably have a line trouble somewhere. The first place to start is your NID to determine if the problem is yours or the telephone companies. I'm still using my original wirespeed modem after all these years with no trouble.
0 Likes
Zouave114

I realize there are so many questions to try and deal with on this site, Thank you for the quick response. I will try what you suggest and test some things.

Jeff

0 Likes