Porting landline to wireless plan & how it effect my incoming VZN dry loop service
paulyr

I am planning to have my Verizon landline ported over to my ATT wireless plan to save money + we are not ready to lose our home phone number. We then want Verizon to switch our DSL to dry loop.

I am confused as to the order this needs to be done, as we don't don't want to lose the home phone number or any internet service during the transition, if possible. (My wife works from home -- we can live without the home line for a short time, but we need the internet to be as consistent as possible.)

I was originally told by ATT that porting takes 'about a day' but a follow-up call netting the answer '5-7 days' for a landline. I ordered the switch to dry loop for today (un-cancelable, I was told last week) and a Verizon tech assures me I can still port my home phone number to ATT after dry loop becomes our new DSL service.

Does anyone know the definitive order I should be/should have done all this? I understand this is not a Wireless forum but I can't be the first person to want to do this.

In advance, thanks (and Happy New Year!)

0 Likes
Re: Porting landline to wireless plan & how it effect my incoming VZN dry loop service
paulyr

I got a call back from VZN after posting my original message.

ATT can port (take) my home line after VZN makes it dry loop dsl.

At that time VZN's  system would generate a new 'phony' 'phone' number for our new dry loop service.

There should be no downtime for dsl. There is likely downtime for our home phone line as it switches providers.

0 Likes