Slow HSI Speeds
agentsands77

Since roughly a week ago, our HSI internet speeds have slowed down from near 1mbps to .2/.3mpbs, which is so slow that it makes accessing the internet practically unbearable. I've tried everything I can think of to troubleshoot the connection, from using the HSI optimizer to completely resetting the router. Nothing seems to get our speeds back up. I'm at my wit's end.

I know that when our HSI was initially set-up, we had to have a technician come to our apartment and correct the wiring (our apartment complex is very old, and the wiring is apparently very touchy).

0 Likes
Re: Slow HSI Speeds
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

What do your modem Transceiver statistics look like? If you need help finding the stats, just let me know what the make and model of your modem is.

0 Likes
agentsands77

I have a Westell Versalink 7500.

Currently the Transceiver statistics are:

Transceiver Revision     A2pB020b3.d20h
Vendor ID Code     4D54
Line Mode     ADSL_G.dmt
Data Path    INTERLEAVED

Transceiver Information    Down Stream Path    Up Stream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec)    288    224
Margin (dB)    10.4    0.0
Line Attenuation (dB)    63.5    31.5
Transmit Power (dBm)    14.9    11.1

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Looks like your line went bad on you. Those noise margins and speeds are garbage. If you don't have access to your NID to perform a NID test, you'll need to get Verizon out to fix that.

See this on what a NID is: https://secure.dslreports.com/faq/1317

Performing the NID test is simple. Within modern NIDs, there's a test jack. Taking the modem and a laptop (or a phone, anything that can connect to the gateway you have), and any needed cables with you to the NID to check the stats again is all there is to it. If you can do this, post up the stats from your NID, as this allows us to prove if it's Verizon's problem or something wrong with the building wiring. This cuts down on any potential for Verizon to bill you for internal wiring work.

0 Likes