Upgrading is downgrading apparently...
cskoerner

I recently switched my house over to the Double Play bundle, which supposedly offered us additional phone services while actually increasing our internet speed ceiling.

Before the "upgrade" my house was recieving 3-5mbps under the "Internet Extra" option which we upgraded to after the sub 3mbps internet was not enough.

Under the plan I ordered and have a copy of, our house qualified for the new "Internet Enhanced" plan of 3-7mbps for slightly less every month if i combined our phone/internet into the Double Play Bundle.

Instead of recieving this, our house was instead downgraded to 1.1-3.0mbps with no option to improve said speed to our previous levels which we had enjoyed for quite some time.  The only reason we upgraded was because it appeared to be 50 cents less a month for the same or better internet service and some nifty phone features that we will not likely use.  Instead we got shafted.

Change in Service and Partial Month
12/2712/31High Speed Internet Enhanced (added)4.67
12/2812/31Internet Enhanced Bundle Discount (added)-.50
12/2712/31Internet Extra (removed)-4.67
Change in Service and Partial Month Subtotal-$.50
0 Likes
Re: Upgrading is downgrading apparently...
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear about the internet slowdown. I have sent you a private message to get more information on the account.

0 Likes
Re: Upgrading is downgrading apparently...
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

What you actually subscribe to is 1.1Mbps-15Mbps. Get Verizon to set your sync rates back to where they were, or higher. They shouldn't be turning the speed down for bundling. Anyone with the right level of access within Verizon can adjust your sync rate and PVC Rate to match 5Mbps or greater, which can be done ON THE SPOT for as long as the speed falls within the package range I mentioned above, which it does. Believe me on this one, as I was able to get a line pushed from 1.5 to 3Mbps within 30 seconds of asking.

0 Likes