Re: Verizon Spam Detector
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@SickofSpam wrote:

After six calls to tech support, with each rep (including managers) telling me there was nothing wrong with my account...I indentified the source of my problem. Not them. ME. Either way, problem identified. Great news, right? Nope. After two days of mulling the problem, Verizon called to tell me they can't fix it.Or won't fix it. I'm not sure, really

@so long-term loyal  customers of Verizon, here is the deal...My email account was established many years ago, via Bellatlantic.net. When the switch was made to Verizon.net, the @bellatlantic.net accounts were retained. You may still have one, too. So what? In effect, any old bellatlantic.net account is an alias that you cannot manage, nor can Verizon (or so they say). The  Spam Detector cannot be activated to work on the old bellatlantic.net account. OK, I pleaded, then just delete the bellatlantic.net account. Their response: The two accounts cannot be separated. Only if I drop my primary email account (and lose the other six) can they be separated. Of course, they wouldn't offer to let me have the account again. the bottom line: If you want to keep your email address you are stuck with spam. Hundreds of spam a week. The reason that I didn't isolate the source of my problem more quickly is that I had written a filter years ago to delete anything to/from "bellatlantic.net". Unfortunately, this filter doesn't work on BCC, and the delivery header is "undisclosed". What is even worse than spending more than a dozen hours on hold for or speaking with tech support is that Verizon is absolutely indifferent to the problem. Their tech support was not apologetic, they offered no alternatives, nor did they get the irony that I have this problem simply because I am a long-term, loyal customer -- Fios internet, Fios TV, wirless and landline. Guess that doesn't matter. Given the size of my monthy bill and rampant competition, you'd think that would. Bad business model, Verizon.

1. There is no reason tech support shouldn't be able to assist you in enabling the Spam Detector. It doesn't matter if your domain is GTE, Bellatlantic, Verizon, or even Banet. If you are using Verizon's webmail, there is no difference in the troubleshooting steps.

2. You most certainly CAN get the legacy domain alias off of your account if you really do not want it. Tech Support needs to escalate a ticket to get it done, but it can be removed. It will have to be handled by "OSC" (no way to contact them directly that I'm aware of) and shouldn't take more than 48 hours.

Best of luck getting your issue resolved. Remember, you can ask to speak to a supervisor at any time!