Western PA outage?
teck73
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is anyone in the Grove City, PA area having problems with their DSL connection? Mine has been unusable since Wednesday night (the 15th). The DSL and Internet lights are both on and it is connected to the internet., but I keep getting timeout, or server too busy errors. Tech support initially told me that there weren't any outages in this area, but on a later call said there was, so I'm skeptical.

Verizon's support site lists my ticket as "OPEN", but it gives a definite repair date of 08-18-2012 which was two days ago.

If anyone is having similar issues, let me know, so I can tell if I'm alone in this or not.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Western PA outage?
teck73
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just to update:

My internet finally started working around 6PM on Monday. (After only 5 Days!)

Now I'm waiting to see if I receive any kind of notification call from Verizon.

I would still be interested in hearing from anyone else who was affected by this "outage", just to know I wasn't alone in this.

There aren't that many people using Verizon DSL in this area though.

If anyone from Verizon reads this, it would sure be nice if you could find a way to post information about outages somewhere online . With smartphones and whatnot, most people have alternative ways of acessing the internet for this info.

It might even cut down on calls to tech support if people already knew they were affected by an outage.

My regional Power Company heven has an online interactive outage map that can go down to the township level. Very helpful.

0 Likes