dsl modem
tek91
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is any new dsl modem compatible with verizon dsl or do I have to buy Verizon "certified" modems? I was looking at dsl modems and a few of them verizon "certified". What the hell. lol. I found a modem Actiontec GT701D but isnt verizon certified just wandering if it will work. I was looking at the specs of the modems and they all are for most part similar or the same. I have the 3.0mbps plan.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: dsl modem
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Any DSL modem that supports the ADSL or ADSL2 standard will work with Verizon's service. Just keep in mind if it isn't a model Verizon supports, you just won't get support over the phone for that modem and Verizon will be more likely to blame that piece of equipment. But if you do have any problems, just stop by here. User-owned equipment doesn't bug us at all since many of the reported troubles are rather common regardless of equipment.

View solution in original post

Re: dsl modem
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Any DSL modem that supports the ADSL or ADSL2 standard will work with Verizon's service. Just keep in mind if it isn't a model Verizon supports, you just won't get support over the phone for that modem and Verizon will be more likely to blame that piece of equipment. But if you do have any problems, just stop by here. User-owned equipment doesn't bug us at all since many of the reported troubles are rather common regardless of equipment.