security suite
passion4hockey
has anyone had the error when they are trying to log off or reboot that a program is stopping you from doing so? it says the program is 'security services communication facilitator' and it just started yesterday afternoon. also yesterday afternoon my computer started freezing and wouldnt let me shut anything down. i have had to unplug my computer several times yesterday and several today already. this all happened after some update to my viss.  i think something to do with the advance protection. anyone else have similar problems???
0 Likes
Re: security suite
VerNeeds2Fix

I'm having that very same problem. This is very frustrating!

FYI, I'm using an HP computer and Windows Vista.

0 Likes
passion4hockey
i have a dell, and i am also using windows vista.  still having the issues on and off, it doesn't happen all the time. i can't find anything on it, and when i call or chat online with verizon help, they don't have a clue what i'm talking about??? 
0 Likes
matt55

I am having the same problem, started yesterday afternoon. I went into Task Manager and tried to end this program and kept getting the message "system not responding".  Since this program has appeared it has slowed my computer and now I'm getting message of virtual memory needs to increase, yet I have 2GB of RAM.  Never had this propblem before.  Tried help and support and no help at all, like no one know what this is.

Does anyone have any idea where this came from and how to turn it off?

0 Likes
passion4hockey
matt, i know!! i've tried calling and doing the online chat thing, where they take over my computer. i've done the defrag and clean up and everything. i keep telling them its something related to their security suite because that is the icon next to the message. i'm sure unplugging my computer can't be good for it everytime i use it!!!  i wish someone would fix this!! i talked to an IT guy at work and he said it sounds like an error macafee used to have. i told him i have the verizon security suite and he thinks they might be using a similar program. i've even uninstalled and reinstalled security suite.  no one has a clue!!  i was hoping someone on here would read this and know how to fix it.
0 Likes
Nimrod

It is definitely your security software, disable it and the issue will go away, when you re-enable you will at least clarify the prog that is the problem.

0 Likes
drkim

I have been having the same problem and I've made numerous calls to Verizon tech support.  Most of the time they have never heard of my problem, and never heard of 'Security Services Communication Facilitator' at all.  I did speak to one person who claimed that they WERE aware of the situation, but "there is no solution for it at the moment".  That is no help if your computer is inoperable!

I have found that some days I have no problems whatsoever.  Until yesterday, I had no problems for about a week.  But it started again yesterday. 

I HAVE FOUND A SOLUTION THAT SEEMS TO BE WORKING SO FAR FOR THE PAST TWO DAYS ANYWAY!

I have a 5 year-old Dell computer and I'm running Windows XP.  My home page is MSN and I usually access the internet by clicking the MSN icon on my desktop.  If I click the Internet Explorer button I also end up on the MSN homepage.  What I ended up doing is disabling the internet security suite and getting on the internet.  I went to Facebook and made a new desktop icon.  Then I closed the internet and re-started the Internet Security Suite.  Now, if I get on the internet with the Facebook icon, I have no connection problems and I can easily navigate the internet with no delays and the Security Suite is still running.  It makes me wonder if the MSN connection was the source of the conflict???   Were any of you with the problem using MSN as a homepage also??

I'll post again if this solution turns out to not be viable, so so far, so good!!

0 Likes
passion4hockey

my home page is nhl.espn, and I had the same deal. Sometimes I go quite a while with no problems then it starts up again. 

Frustrating as hell!!!!

0 Likes
Re: security suite major cpu usage
sdramey

had the same behavior.  may have found a solution.  using Task Manager you can see two processes taking a lot of cpu time: agent.exe and isuspm.exe (at least on my computer).  these processes seem to have something to do with automatic updates.

I did a search to find these files on my computer, then a search within the verizon internet security suite program file directory to find which of their files contain the names of these processes.  I found the isuspm.exe is named in the following file: C:\Program Files\Verizon\Verizon Internet Security Suite\SafeConnect\Profile\MalwareNetwork.xml. 

So I suspected that the security suite started that ball rolling.  then I went to Task Manager, selected that process (isuspm.exe) and selected 'end process'.  This also stopped the 'agent.exe' process and got the cpu usage back down to normal.

I started the Suite again and the process didn't return so hopefully it's a one time solution.  The application tab of task manager still shows the "Security Services Communication Facilitator" app running, and when I shut that down then the Suite closes as well, so I guess that it's a normal part of the security suite running in the background.

0 Likes
Re: security suite major cpu usage
ctfromwv

NOTE re tech support for Verizon Security Services Communication Facilitator problem: Verizon Security Suite software is provided by Radialpoint.  Verizon internet tech support staff are greatly limited in providing Security Suite problem resolution.  Ask to be transferred to a Radialpoint tech support agent for problems with Verizon Security Suite issues.

0 Likes