slow and slow and always slow and even more slower than slow
MeMyselfAnDi6

I am sorry my post has a very sarcastic subject title, but as to date i pay for 1 mpbs of service speed and when i actually get is 180 kpbs if i am lucky, your tec guy on the phone, kept running speed tests and such and all came out to 1mpbs. but i am not getting that to my computer from your modem. 

Lets see, actual speed from modem to computer is 180 kpbs with sniffer attatched, if you dont know what that is, dont ask me to test my firm ware and my settings in my computer, i do networking for Macy's.

2: i can download at starbucks @ 7mpbs with same computer

3: i have used 3 different computers with 3 different os and some with and 1 without any security software and the speed is the same.

4: wireless and hard wired are same speed 180k, i am considering buying my own modem from a reputable computer shop and set it up myself since yours cant produce the blazing speed promised and your tec's keep blaming my computer( McAfee doesnt use 700-800 kpbs which is what your tec told me it was. this is typical teir 1 tec support, so far all i have is a modem replacement on its way. since i got this modem free from verizon) i may just use my cisco systems software on my work lappy and run a real test om it and see if its being throttled by the firmware.

5: Please dont ask me to let you guys mess with my internet settings in my computer since i can get actualy download speeds of other peoples service of 1-25 mpbs your tinkering with my system settings to " get" better speed out of this set up would cause problems since i travel allot.

6. firmware says it is up to date for modem. have rest modem and notice there is no software/ firmware/ settings inside modem via the http://192.168.1.1/  to get into modem to check the speed between modem and computer. I do own some tools i have checked the speed via ethernet cable between said items and speed is 180k .

computers tested on said internet.

1. Dell studio 1555/ windorks 7/ wireless n / McAfee.

2. Sony Vaio vgn fs570 windorks xp home / also has ubuntu partition AVG antivirus ( paid version)/ wireless g networking card.

3 Apple: G-4 quicksilver/ OS-X 10.3.9/ absolutely no antivirus software in it or firewall software/ apples airport 2 extreme wireless g card.

Modem is a actiontec gt704wg rev b

what more do you want?

0 Likes
Re: slow and slow and always slow and even more slower than slow
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Post the modem status from the modem.

This info may be at System Monitoring -> Advanced Status  -> Transciever Stats.

#2 If you need help, finding that info...

Which firmware do you have on it?

http://www.actiontec.com/support/product_details.php?pid=40#man

For example, was it the

This is the User Manual for version 3.0.1.0.6.0 of the NCS (Non-Customer Specific) firmware used on our Retail GT704-WG, a 54 Mbps Wireless DSL Gateway with 4 Ethernet ports.

?

#3 Is wireless in the router turned on?

#4 If Wireless in the router is turned on, what level of wireless security are you using ( WEP / WPA ) ?