unable to activate my high speed internet account with a mac os 10.5
esprit

I have a big problem with the activation of my line. I have subscribed to high speed internet.

The agent came to my house to install the jack but when I'm trying to run the installation on my computer with the cd or directly with internet it's stops when smart acces opens (I have a Mac OS X 10.5). Could somebody help me ? Thanks
0 Likes
Re: unable to activate my high speed internet account with a mac os 10.5
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

You don't really need to run the installer. Everything that the installer does can be completed through an individual process. What are you trying to accomplish?

0 Likes
esprit

I just try to connect to internet, but before I have to activate my account , install filters and create a password and id. Is there an other solution to activate my line ? From the point of view of verizon I just have to connect my mac to ethernet, and follow the procedure ... In this procedure the second step after having completed the dedicated line number and the zip is to run the verizon high speed internet installer.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

In almost all cases, internet is "plug and play" on newer computers.

If you need to install filters, they need to go between the phone and the jack for every phone you have on the same line as the DSL. The modem does not get a filter.

If you need to set up your username and password, you will need to log in with your default Verizon-assigned id. If you were not given this, then contact tech support and ask for your "vzid" and have them reset your password. You should then be able to log into verizon.net and click on the My Account page. On the My Account page, you can set your username, create sub accounts, manage your billing, add an alias to your account, etc.

Does that cover what you needed, or is there something more?

0 Likes