2 Questions,In-Home Agent & Home Networking
smiley
Enthusiast - Level 2

Question 1;

Since Sun. (4/11) I've been trying to access In-Home Agent to get details on setting up a home network.

But after the service launches, I get a message that the service is temporally unavailable.

My question is whether the service is in fact unavailable, or is there something on my end of things preventing access to the service?

Question 2;

A few months ago on verizon.net within the support section there was a video tutorial showing step-by-step instructions on how to set up a home network. But when I recently tried to view it, I couldn't find it on the site.

My question is was the video moved elsewhere on the site, and if so where can I locate it? Or was it removed entirely from the site?

For point of reference, my desktop pc runs Windows XP Home/Service Pack 3. And I have a Westell VersaLink gateway 327w.

The laptop pc that I will be adding will be running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit with a wireless card built-in.

Any assistance with the above matters will be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: 2 Questions,In-Home Agent & Home Networking
mechanics600
Contributor - Level 2

I have had the same problem.  I have sent numerous email messages as well as the on line chat about the In Home Agent software.  All the answers are the same, I am told to call technical service.  I have replied that it is not a technical service problem.  I caqnnot get a straight answer as to what the problem is.  I did receive one comment that it is in Beta and that could be the reason that it does not run properly.

0 Likes
smiley
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the info. I thought that it was something with my pc that was causing the problem. So as it turns out, Vz. has some "bugs" to work out to make IHA work properly. So I guess that I will wait and see if it clears up.

0 Likes
mechanics600
Contributor - Level 2

Have just been informed that In Home Agent is only for FIOS and not DSL.  Likely this is the reason for Service Not Available notice.

0 Likes
smiley
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well if that is the case, Vz. should have made it clearer that this service applies only to FIOS customers and not to DSL (a.k.a. Hi-Speed Internet) customers.

BTW after my last post I tried to launch IHA, and this time it worked.

I will continue to wait and see if it still works when I set up my home network sometime next week when I get my new laptop pc.

0 Likes
gigsi
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have DSL with Vista, and  my In Home Agent  says that SOME features are available only for FIOS. The IHA keep spopping up when something isn't right, and most of the time it wants to repair a connection that is not broken. I will have to find out whether it is n't meant for  DSL at all.