3 months DSL drops to .05 Mbps download Mbps upload with ping between 1500-700
SIXCHRISTIES

For 3 months my DSL always after 1730 crashes to .15 to 0.05 Mbps download and 0.11 Mbps upload, also happens during day.  Have been calling for Months with no fix, had 2 tech come out saying it should be good but still the same. Now have been waiting 4 days for call after calling support on Feb. 1, called tech support back to find out they closed my ticket, now being told to call back during time when upper support is open to work on problem.  Have been paying for this slower then dial-up service.  Will it ever get fixed or should I  start looking at cable for internet?

0 Likes
Re: 3 months DSL drops to .05 Mbps download Mbps upload with ping between 1500-700
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

So it crashes in the middle of the day? Is there a normal routine you have to do such as rebooting the modem to get the speed to return, or does it remain low until Verizon looks into it? What you're suggesting to me is a bad line. Some Transceiver Statistics if that suggestion is correct, would be your Transceiver Statistics.

0 Likes
Re: 3 months DSL drops to .05 Mbps download Mbps upload with ping between 1500-700
SIXCHRISTIES

Not so much during the middle of the day more in mornings and evenings. Tried rebooting works for about 2-5 mins.  Told maybe overloaded system but get same result at 0430 as well as 2400.

Usually worse the colder it gets i.e.. early morning or in the evening.  Have had tech check lines twice.  The last tech said the line outside may have a micro crack that get worse as it gets cold but never did a good check because he said the signal looked good at 1300.  

0 Likes