3MB DSL
FireZingr

I am looking to upgrade my DSL from 3 MB to something a little faster. Suddenlink offers 6MB cable here but it is relatively expensive and in the past has been unreliable. I live approx 0.7 miles (I live on 56th St. & CO is on 51st St.) from my CO and would think a faster speed than 3 MB would be available but according to VZ web site that's all I qualify for. I am in the city limits about 2 miles from VZ WV headquarters in Kanawha City WV. I just find it weird that all I can only get the slower service here right in pretty much downtown and only 6 blocks from my CO????  Any ideas??????

If only FiOS would get here then I would be happy LOL

0 Likes
Re: 3MB DSL
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3

I can only share what I experienced what I went through...I went to upgrade mine also...I live roughly 1 mile from the Central office.  They told me I too wasn't qualified.  I called the Dsl repair and asked them to test my line to see If I could qualify...Basically he upped my speed and ran a test.  The test came up positive.  I passed the line test, so when I called the business Dept and requested the higher speed, she told me I didn't qualify. 

In disbelief, I contaced the local Verizon engineer...He had to make a change in my line records to indicate that I could get it.  Once he made the notation on to my account, I called the business office again and this time I was successful.

Now your gonna ask me what you can do...right?   Some of the rep's in the business office will go the extra mile...You can try asking her to take the extra step to have your account noted that your within a mile from the office and see if you can get anywhere with that.  Of you you can call in a repair on your line and when the tech gets there  tell him what we talked about here.   See if he can contact the local engineer to have your account noted.   Also ask him how far you actually are from the office.

Hope this helps some...

Message Edited by Provider7 on 03-01-2009 09:57 AM
0 Likes
FireZingr
::::::Dialing Phone::::::::
0 Likes
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3
Go get em' tiger... 😉
0 Likes