7500 can't handle both wireless and wired connection to internet
starrin
Contributor - Level 3

Have a 7500 modem/router with a networked Vista PC and an XP PC wired to the 7500 and that wired to the internet.  Kids and grandkids appeared for a few days.  Son is computer engineer.  No matter what we did neither his laptop nor the PS3 which they gave me could connect to the internet.  Both could see the router (along with the guy next door) and provided strength, etc, yet neither could be made to actually connect.

Haunted the PS3 forums and they essentially said it couldn't be done. PS3 is set up to the router SSID, etc.  Most suggested bridge it and get another wireless modem.  Certainly that can't be the only answer.

Help please

Re: 7500 can't handle both wireless and wired connection to internet
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have this odd feeling that I may have attempted to help you in another thread with this problem. Am I right or do we need to troubleshoot this with this thread?

0 Likes
Re: 7500 can't handle both wireless and wired connection to internet
starrin
Contributor - Level 3

@Smith6612 wrote:

I have this odd feeling that I may have attempted to help you in another thread with this problem. Am I right or do we need to troubleshoot this with this thread?

I answered your questions elsewhere, but never got a response.  Either one is fine; hell, I'll even call you long distance if that will help.

TIA

starrin