863 Area Code DSL speed drop since 3/9/15

SOLVED
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

863 Area Code DSL speed drop since 3/9/15

Message 1 of 2
(835 Views)

My download speed is now 1.2mb/sec. The network shutdown on 3/9 for 12 hours and again on 3/13 for 5 hours. Before the shutdowns my download speeds were consistant 2.8mb/sec and upload .49mb/sec. Upload speeds have not changed only download speed. My service is for 3.0mb/sec. Is this a temporary glitch? I have contacted verizon by phone and been told the issue is on their end but that's as far as I can get. Any help would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: 863 Area Code DSL speed drop since 3/9/15

Message 2 of 2
(719 Views)

Just to update, I was contacted by Verizon through PM and after a couple days spoke to a tech that was very helpful and US based. He scheduled a service call the next day, found a fault in the wire between the house and post, had it back to normal in under an hour. 

I also replaced the aging Westell 6100 modem with a Actiontec 784, it wasn't quite plug n play and required another call to Verizon to sort out but all is well now.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.