Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Access Point / Modem for PS3 / XBOX 360

Contributor
Contributor

Access Point / Modem for PS3 / XBOX 360

Message 1 of 3
(7,096 Views)

My normal wireless network works great. However, My sons have PS3 / XBOX 360 in the back of the house. They receive a weak signal (30 %). I have a Westell 7500 Modem / Router. I was told I need an Access point. I purchased a Netgear WPN802 Access Point. I got the router / access point to talk. When the access point is placed back the sig goes to 97-100%. However, I can't get the gamestations (XBOX / 360) to obtain an IP address from the AP. I tried auto / manual for both systems to gain access point. I called the Netgear tech. He was difficult to understand, but I believe he told me to set both my router and the access point to act as repeaters. I set the access pont to act as an repeater. Does anyone know how to set the Westell to perform as a repeater? Does anyone have any additional advise. I would certainly appreciate any assistance that anyone could provide before I pull my last hair out!

2 REPLIES 2
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Re: Access Point / Modem for PS3 / XBOX 360

Message 2 of 3
(6,995 Views)

I've never heard of a repeater option on the Westell....It's not designed to do that.

Does the xbox or ps3 see the network/ westell after the netgear is put in repeater mode?

Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Access Point / Modem for PS3 / XBOX 360

Message 3 of 3
(6,916 Views)
The tech, may of meant one of these two things:

#1 Location info: portforward.com -> Forum -› Knowledge Base -› Using a Second router as a Switch/Hub/WAP

Full URL: http://forum.portforward.com/YaBB.cgi?num=1133918703

#2 Location info: portforward.com -> Forum -› Knowledge Base -› Putting a Belkin router into Access Point mode

Full URL: http://forum.portforward.com/YaBB.cgi?num=115718015

Please note, in order to this (item 2) this requires that the 7500 has wireless.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.