Actiontec GT704WG Password
Sanders

I just recently got the Actiontec GT704WG Modem/Router Combo from Verizon when I go to 192.168.1.1 to edit my routers settings it says I need a password to login, so I put in username Admin, password Admin, it says it's wrong... Smiley Indifferent So I go look under Verizon support and find this it says there is no pass and only the username is Admin, alright I go and try that it doesn't work either so then I reset my modem/router and try again it does nothing... Smiley Mad Yes I'm doing everything it tells me to typing it in all lower case letters etc...

What do I do?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Actiontec GT704WG Password
larryw9999
Contributor - Level 1

Try "admin" "password" instead of "admin" blank.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
larryw9999
Contributor - Level 1

Try "admin" "password" instead of "admin" blank.

0 Likes
Sanders
Yes I tried this also, and many other things, Verizon, Actiontec etc... But still get the 401 Unauthorized error Smiley Sad
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Try Admin and password1. Pasword1 is the password that has been used on the actiontec for FIOS. I know it's not FIOS but worth a shot.

Larry is correct. The manual states,

Note: The default user name is “admin.” The default password is

“password.”

But When I had DSL long time ago the user name and password was changed to my account name and password. You might try that. Or a reset to factory default and then what the manual says.

Message Edited by prisaz on 04-03-2009 01:44 PM
0 Likes
Sanders
Smiley Surprised Larry was right, I read his post wrong sorry! I thought he meant to put the password as Admin, but the router's password was password, thank-you! I didn't get a manual with the router so I didn't know that
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@Sanders wrote:
Smiley Surprised Larry was right, I read his post wrong sorry! I thought he meant to put the password as Admin, but the router's password was password, thank-you! I didn't get a manual with the router so I didn't know that

Glad to hear you have it working. Here is a link to the manual if you do not have one.

http://onlinehelp.verizon.net/consumer/bin/pdf/ActiontecGT704WGUser.pdf

0 Likes