Actiontec GT784WNV Modem Will Not Ping Wireless Attached Computers
wlambert

We have an Actiontec GT784WNV modem with five computers attached.  One is attached via Ethernet.  Four are attached wireless.  The modem can ping the Ethernet attached computer, but not the wireless.  The wireless machines can ping the Ethernet attached machine, but not each other.  The Ethernet attached machine can not ping the wireless machines.  I have not been able to figure out what settings to change in the modem to get the communications to work.

I am trying to get pcAnywhere 12.5 SP4 to work inside my little network via TCP/IP and it will not connect.  I believe this failure to communicate among the wireless machines is the issue.

wlambert

0 Likes
Re: Actiontec GT784WNV Modem Will Not Ping Wireless Attached Computers
wlambert

This morning, one of my wireless machines would not connect to the internet.  I ended up deinstalling and reinstalling the 802.11g USB adapter software and swapping antennas between two of the wireless machines.

The machine with the problem is called Bethlehem.  The other machine is Master.  In the process of trouble shooting, Bethlehem and Master swapped IP addresses.  Also, there names showed up on the modem Wireless clients list.  The IP addresses, but not the names had been there all along.

After reinstalling the adapter software in Bethlehem, both machines have access to the internet. 

Three of the wireless machines have pcAnywhere 12.5 SP4 installed.  Master, CVCF, and Accounting.  None of the machines worked until this morning.  Now, Master and Accounting can connect to CVCF.  Nothing was done except the apparent releasing and renewing of IP addresses.

I am at a loss to figure out what opened access to one of the machines.  Ping still does not work, so that is not the cause of pcAnywhere not working, just a little extra confusion.

wlambert

0 Likes