Actiontec Router - disconnecting and low speed
bblack4jc
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am now joining the band of loyal Verizon High Speed Internet users who are disgruntled (to say the least) with this service, and those who are unable to get FIOS. My router has been disconnecting alot  when I use my Roku box. Today I could not connect at all. I can still connec to the internet but I could not log in to my router settings using Opera. I had to use Mozilla. My "Advanced Utilities System Log" had these to lines at the end:

11/03/201701:52:45 PMkernelbcmxtmcfg: OAM loopback response not received on VCC 1.0.4
11/03/201701:52:46 PMkernelbcmxtmcfg: OAM loopback response not received on VCC 1.0.3

Which I have gathered that "loopback" means it is disconnecting.

Has anyone been able to actually resolve these disconnection issues and low speed times? One problem for me is that every time it rains the telephone gets a lot of static in it. We have had several technicians out to "fix" this. It is a line issue. The fix one connection, then another one goes bad, and on and on it goes. It is highly probable that they are not putting much effort into resolving this because they want people to go over to Fios. However, in addition to Fios not being available in my area, I am still using my land line phone. When it rains, I have to ask people to call me back on my cell phone because there is so much static you cannot hear people.

To Verizon (if you even check these forums): it is pretty ludicrous of you to expect your current HSI customers to become Fios customers when your customer service is horrific. If you are indeed not willing to fix our lines hoping we will buy Fios, you are actually frustraing us to the point that we will seek other internet providers. FYI

Oh, and I too have been set several routers which do nothing but I guess Verizon at least stalls us for a while until we figure out it's not the router.

0 Likes
Re: Actiontec Router - disconnecting and low speed
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi bblack4jc,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
RE: Actiontec Router - disconnecting and low speed
bblack4jc
Enthusiast - Level 3

The above title is from a message I posted a few weeks ago. Like most of the posts from people who are fed up with their lack of service, an agent sent it to a private post and locked it. Notice the many locks on the posts in this forum. Most likely they are from the most frustrated people like myself. I just wanted to update the many hundreds of ther dsl customers that my issue was never resolved. Here is what happened.

After a long online chat, they set up to have a repair/technician come out and check the line. Sure enough he found a bad place in the line and said he fixed it. While the internet icon on my laptop no longer shows a red x on it, My roku box still cannot find an internet connection. It shows a check by the wireless connection but always a red x by the internet connection. One diagnostic that showed up on the internet from my laptop (windows 7) showed extremely low upload speed. I moved the router location but it made no difference. I have shut down the router, the roku, etc. but nothing changes. So frustrated!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: RE: Actiontec Router - disconnecting and low speed
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you provide an example speed test?

One thing to check on your ActionTec router, if you or someone else has visited the Web interface on it at some point, is whether or not the Firewall is set to a too high of a level. For example, if the Firewall is set to anything higher than the "Low" setting, it can prevent the Roku from being able to access some content, or detect the Internet connection.

Re: RE: Actiontec Router - disconnecting and low speed
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi bblack4jc,

We have reopened your Private Support Case. Please access your case through your profile page using the instructions posted above. The support agents do not monitor the public boards and will need to hear from you in the Private Support area before they can begin assisting you.

0 Likes