Another Slow constant disconnect DSL WHY?
cindy1212
Enthusiast - Level 3

How  or when  will   I ever get  internet    service that stays connected?     Already today   we  have gone from  3 bars  to    1  and 3 disconnectes  in  the  past 2 hours.   Oh  I get  it  I am not supposed to be  on  line,  my service does not support   netflix...   so  how am  I supposed to  use  my netflix?     I can't  move  to  with in  the golden  mile  that  Verizon  claims  is all  DSL  is good for.   HELP   me find a servce that  actually works.

0 Likes
Re: Another Slow constant disconnect DSL WHY?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the problem with a Wireless connection (you mentioned bars, perhaps the Netflix quality meter instead?) or is it occurring from a Wired connection as well?

0 Likes
cindy1212
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oh   I am  not referring to   netflix bars   I am referring to   the  connection.   This  has been  going  on   for  over a year  and  is getting worst.  With bad  knees  and a bad back   having to  climb  the stairs  to  where the router  is located  a dozen  times a day   is  just not worth the agrivation  anymore.  Verizon  does not  give a hoot,   they can't maintain  their equipment      when  there  is a poblem  you can't  connect  to  a person  you can't  get them  to  remove  trees  laying  on   the wires ( as  in  a dead  fallen  tree  that  eventually will take the wires down.)    I am  about to give  up   and when  I  do  Verizon   is gone   internet and phone.   We just do  not live  in  town   or a development  so  are inconsequential.     Next step  the FCC.  

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi cindy1212,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases". There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
cindy1212
Enthusiast - Level 3

Day  3  and no  help   or  explanation.  

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Gotcha. Since you mention dead trees messing with the lines, I assume there is a problem whenever there is wind or a storm in the air?

To get an idea of however the line looks at the moment,  please supply some Transceiver statistics to us. If you need help getting this info,  please let us know what make and model modem you have in use, and available.

Also to see what Verizon is doing above, look at the top of the page for a yellow envelope and click on it. You likely got a private message. Alternatively,  click your profile name anywhere it appears on these forums, and check the top of the page for a Private Support case. Verizon is also likely trying to reach you through there for this issue.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello cindy1212,

We'll be closing your private support thread as we have not heard back from you in regards to your latest status.

Please reach out to us in this public thread if you need further support.

Thank you for your time,

Art

0 Likes
cindy1212
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok   we  followed     suggested repairs,    a  new   signalt receiver  and     we have left  it on  with out  nightly  turnoffs   After obtaining   new   connections   things worked well  for a few weeks    now   once again  we  are seeing disconnectes  and   slowing   signals.   Movies  stop   midway and restart.    So  what are we supposed to  do?     Or do  we need another new   conector?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi cindy1212,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Razz037
Enthusiast - Level 3

Lawrrence, you keep telling people to go to their profile page and check "My Support Cases" as you did me also. I don't have "My Support Cases"  listed anywhere on my profile page and you ended the thread so I couldn't reply to this.

0 Likes