Anyone know if there are outages in Northeast PA?
colmonty1

We are very unhappy with our Verizon service. We lose internet at least one day a week and it is slow. I have been on the phone in the past multiple times and they blame it on our router. I don't understand WHY they just can't tell us there is an outage. We have been out since Friday and have no place to look to see if there is an outage. When you speak to someone they make you do all of the troubleshooting (which I know ny heart and try before I even pick up the phone).

We have DSL and live in Northeastern PA right on the NY and NJ border. If someone can help we would REALLY appreciate it. We are shopping for other internet providers because this is getting ridiculous.

Thanks!

C

0 Likes
Re: Anyone know if there are outages in Northeast PA?
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry for the troubles you are having with the service. We can definitely check into this and see if there's problems in your area. So we can get more information from you, I have copied your post to our private support board. Please refer all correspondences to there from here on out. You can easily get to the private support one of two ways. In the email you signed up for the forums with, you will receive a link to click on. Make sure you are already signed into the forums before clicking on this link. Another way of getting there is by clicking on your username anywhere you see it in the forums. This brings you to your account profile. Scroll down to the section labeled "My Support Cases" . In there you will see the link to your case.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Visit http://www.giganews.com/line_info.html and post up the Traceroute the page shows, if you wish. Be aware that the final hop (bottom-most line of the trace)  might contain a hop with your IP address in it. Remove that line. What I'm looking for is a line that mentions "ERX" in it's name towards the end. If for some reason the trace does not complete (two lines full of Stars), keep the trace route intact.

#2 Can you provide the Transceiver Statistics from your modem?

If you don't know how to get that info:

a) What is the brand and model of your modem?

b) If you have a RJ-45 WAN port router connected to the modem: What is the brand and model of that RJ-45 WAN port router?

#3 Even If you know how to get the Transceiver Statistics from your modem and you have a RJ-45 WAN port router connected to the modem: What is the brand and model of that RJ-45 WAN port router?

0 Likes
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you and we did not receive a response.  Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you.  Tonya C.

0 Likes
AKAFP

join the club. Apparently they are "looking into it"  

0 Likes