Apple Mail Will Not Work with DSL
drjohn1985

I have a MacBook Pro i7 running OS 10.7.4 (Lion). My version of Apple Mail is 5.2. The server names are set correctly. Both incoming and outgoing. The numbers? I dunno. POP3 is sets itself for 995 with SSL enabled. SMTP is set for 465 with SSL enabled. Needless to say, there is a ton of mail on the Verizon web mail page, but none of it will download into Apple Mail. Verizon Mail seems to set itself up automatically on my iPhone, but that's not where I need it. I need it at the desktop. However, the server numbers seem to automatically change on me every time I turn my back. 

Just what are the proper server numbers now, and do we need to enable SSL with them?

Thanks a bunch.

Dr. John

0 Likes
Re: Apple Mail Will Not Work with DSL
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Dr. John, 

Login at www.verizon.net, and let us know if it's a combined verizon/yahoo email or just plain verizon mail.   

the servers are different if it's one or the other.

also try the email fix tool at their websitte.  www.verizon.com/repair

Re: Apple Mail Will Not Work with DSL
drjohn1985

I got a hold of a Verizon tech support person via phone. It was an agonizing 90 minutes on the phone. Essentially, I have to send away for a PIN number to log onto my account and enter a forwarding address, the same as my email address, for all the emails on the web mail page. I have no idea if this is going to work or not as I haven't yet received my PIN number, but I'm going to give it a try. The telephone rep seemed rather clueless. It's odd that Verizon mail slips right into my iPhone without trouble, but not into Apple Mail. Perhaps I'll use my iPhone to forward my Verizon messages to my other accounts in order to tell the senders to use the iCloud and Gmail accounts.

Maybe MS Entourage would work better for this account than Apple Mail?

Dr.John

0 Likes